Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind
JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and
challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting
them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way
to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building
The Trade Foreman 2 will support construction activities for
routine and non-routine projects and ensure that the planned work
is performed efficiently and effectively by the crew. This position
will be responsible for completing tasks personally and supervising
a crew as a working foreman. All activities will be performed in
support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy and Decision-Making: Makes decisions on routine
matters, provides recommendations to supervisor and refers all
exceptions to supervisor.
- Career Path: Superintendent 1
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
TRADE FOREMAN FAMILY - CORE
- Learns and actively participates in all aspects of the
company's safety culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury
free environment through individual actions and mentoring
- Works with tools to complete specific assigned tasks on a
- Tracks and reports units and labor hours, including filling out
and submitting timecards.
- Maintains proper care and the appropriate number of tools and
equipment necessary to support productions specific to a
- Leads and monitors safety and security procedures within the
- Understands and achieves crew production goals.
- Establishes crew sizes that align with production goals.
- Documents key information such as activities, productions and
- Communicates with suppliers and coordinates delivery of
supplies to jobsite.
- Understands and maintains established quality levels associated
- Coordinates other trade work associated with the assigned scope
- Participates in all safety activities such as tool box talks,
job hazard analysis, job site analysis and SIMS (Site Information
Management System) reporting.
- Reads and understands plans, specifications, shop drawings and
- Provides on-the-job guidance and willingly shares subject
matter expertise in order to support team member learning and
- Coordinates inspections for assigned scope of work.
- Participates in, documents and updates punch lists.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
TRADE FOREMAN 2
In addition, this position will be responsible for the
- Manages subcontractor crews for portions of projects or a small
- Creates, communicates, monitors and achieves crew production
- Coordinates work for larger crews and/or other trade
- Coordinates preplanning activities for project components such
as crew size, schedule, materials, materials, meetings and
- Coordinates usage of all aspects of construction project
resources, including internal and external support.
- Creates and implements safety plans and ensures compliance
through use of training, tool box talks and communication with
- Controls costs in production units through understanding
multiple variables, such as the project management system, task
specific reports, production and costs for assigned
- Supports project quality assurance/quality control planning to
ensure quality for assigned tasks.
- Applies and leads Lean principles and practices on the jobsite
such as daily stand-up meetings, pull planning, etc.
- Assists with MOC (Materials and Other Costs) and equipment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction
- Knowledge of layout skill (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Intermediate).
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings and
- Acquire knowledge of productivity rates.
- Ability to assess and optimize project productivity.
- Ability to lead crews and achieve production goals.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
both internally and externally.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational/Technical degree in related field (Preferred)
- 1+ years commercial construction experience.
- 2+ years field supervision experience.
- Must be able to lift at least to 50 pounds
- May require periods of travel
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- Frequent activity: Standing, Walking, Climbing, Bending,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling
- Occasional activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to
provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran
status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a
background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich
their life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping
the future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life
together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction is a family and
employee-owned general contractor with expertise in construction
management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery.
We deliver transformational solutions to our clients with certainty
of results in our pursuit of building perfection. Facts
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
"EEO is the Law" POSTER
"EEO is the Law" SUPPLEMENT
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)