Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent
examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers.
To deliver on this reputation for trust the Selling Partner
Incident Management Team is tasked with identifying and preventing
abuse for our customers and brand owners worldwide. Our growth
requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to
create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things
done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex
The Selling Partner Incident Management Team identifies gaps in
policies, procedures, and tools within Amazon and works with our
internal teams to ensure that these policies, procedures and tools
are up to date and are working as intended. This ensures that both
Buyers and Sellers on Amazon have the best experience possible. Our
team is looking for leaders to take ownership of these various
areas and deliver on critical and high visibility projects. We are
looking for a Risk Specialist to manage critical and high impact
global events and escalations. The ideal candidate should be
passionate about helping us ensure that customers may make great
purchase decisions and that brand owners and sellers using Amazon
are successful listing and selling their products. Your decisions
are not only fundamental to helping protect customers and sellers
but will help maintain the health of the Amazon catalog and product
As a Risk Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Performing incident triage, to include determining scope,
urgency, and potential impact and identifying the specific
- Investigate suspicious Selling Partner activities and behaviors
that could pose a risk to Amazon.com, our buyers, or other
- Prevent Seller Partner friction by adhering to established
blurbs/process in all stakeholder communication.
- Establish teamwork by liaising with other Abuse Escalations
team members, by disseminating new information and ideas, by
accepting constructive feedback, and by proactively engaging in new
assignments when appropriate.
- A passionate individual who possesses strong judgment and good
instincts, as well as a curious and inquiring mind and one who
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in relevant fields such
as risk management, internal or external audit, compliance,
financial institutions, or law enforcement agencies
- Demonstrated experience working with cross departmental teams
with proven collaboration skills
- Proven ownership and bias for action
- A self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to work
- Ability to exercise judgment when policies are not
- 1-3 years of experience in investigating fraud, abuse,
cyber-crimes, or other relevant experience
- Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to
executive leadership and other key stakeholders
- Understand the implications of new information for both current
and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in SQL, data manipulation
- Open to working non-standard hours (nights and weekends) as the
team provides 24 hour triage support.
- Most investigations will be in English, however language skills
in Japanese, Arabic, German, Italian, Spanish, French, or other
non-English languages are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Tempe , Risk Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!