Commercial Construction Superintendent
Company: KDC Construction
Posted on: June 6, 2021
KDC offers competitive salary/hourly range - reflective of
Cirks Construction Inc. (CCI), dba KDC Construction, offers a
comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental HMO and PPO insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
The Superintendent oversees the operation on the construction
site and leads construction with the Project Manager from planning
to completion. The position directly supervises and coordinates the
construction activities including material and equipment, maintains
on-site labor daily, ensures a clean organized job site, and that
specifications are being followed. Responsible for managing the
construction schedule, coordinating subcontractors and ensuring
project is on schedule while performing duties as assigned.
The Superintendent manages relationships with clients and
ensures the project follows all guidelines as set forth by the
Company and the client. Responsible for quality control, as well as
to ensure safety procedures and compliance are followed at the job
Essential Job Functions
- Leads preconstruction process with Project Managers including
reviewing project plans and specifications, site surveys, scope
development, project budget, obtaining required permits, and
coordinating the preconstruction agenda.
- Manages job site preparation during preconstruction, including
job trailer staging, trailer set-up, along with posting all safety,
compliance and postings as require.
- Schedules on-site pre-construction meeting with all
subcontractors to review job site rules and expectations.
- Manages and oversees subcontractors; maintains construction
schedule to ensure timely completion.
- Manages all on-site labor by maintaining daily time sheets,
reviewing job site rules with each person, and ensuring daily
- Travels to work site to oversee project and is on-site at all
times during work hours with subcontractors. Projects may require
response to 24/7 emergency coverage.
- Communicates with project team and submits all necessary forms
for the project, including: RFIs, back charge notices, delay
notices, hot work forms, crane plans, hazard assessment forms,
silica hazard forms, and scaffold check lists.
- Prepares and submits daily project update submittals with photo
- Develops and maintains on-site relationships with clients,
facility representatives, subcontractors, nearby businesses and
- Oversees the on-site safety implementation with labor,
subcontractors, and general public.
- Assembles the required site inventories and materials;
maintains all on-site receipts for submittal to corporate
- Performs quality control over the work being performed on the
- Performs tasks in trades including plumbing, electrical,
concrete, flooring and roofing, painting, framing, drywall, and
finishing skills for doors, windows, and cabinetry.
- Installs fixtures including windows, roofing, floorings, trim,
tile, ceiling tile, hardware, HVAC, and Switchbox.
- Performs framing tasks including wood/metal, drywall,
fiberglass reinforced plastic, and T-Bar.
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment including and not
limited to: drills, saws, nail gun, hammers, and shovels.
- Responsible to handle tasks involving physical labor, as
- Prepares site close-out packages including post-project review,
completed closeout punch lists, and as build plans for the
- Identifies and procures materials and equipment for
- Coordinates, schedules, and stands inspections with local
jurisdictions as required.
- Follows all guidelines as set forth by the Company and the
- Ensures proper safety rules, regulations, and incident
reporting are followed.
- Ensures the job site is always kept in a clean and organized
manner to eliminate possible hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and general trade experience: plumbing, electrical,
concrete, flooring and roofing, painting, framing and drywall and
finishing skills for doors, windows, and cabinetry.
- Experience managing personnel, vendors, and
- Commercial construction superintendent experience a minimum of
- Ability to read plans, specifications, survey markings, and
civil sheets; ability to prioritize project scopes/trades.
- Experience working with on-site/off-site utilities and
- Ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail, and
time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are
- Professional with a friendly and positive attitude towards
- Values diversity of ideas, opinions, and people.
- Ability to identify needs, remove the barriers, and has the
know how to make things happen.
- Proficient with computers and familiar with Microsoft Software
Suite. Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain appropriate state driver
license prior to employment, along with a clean driving record and
Keywords: KDC Construction, Tempe , Commercial Construction Superintendent, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!