Customer Success Leader-National Accounts
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The North American National Accounts Team serves as Johnson
Controls authorized interface for some of our largest customers
with centralized decision making. We develop and maintain effective
relationships with both clients and our local branches in order to
achieve customer outcomes across all of our lines of business while
driving growth. We work closely with both centralized and local
operational, service and support teams throughout North America to
meet or exceed client expectations.
What you will do:
The Director of National Accounts - Solutions & Services, will
be responsible to lead a team of sales professionals who are
responsible for some of JCI's largest most strategic customers
across all of our building technology domains (Security / HVAC and
Fire) within a given geographic territory or vertical market in a
large matrixed organization.
The ideal candidate will be a:
- Results driven growth leader across all of JCI's solutions and
services - Fire, Security, & HVAC.
- Be a strategic thought leader and both create their own and
implement company account management strategies in an effective
- Create an effective team based culture that motivates and
inspires a diverse work force and coach and develop a high
- Have a drive for world class results through effective pipeline
and opportunity management.
- Drive voice of the customer relative to new products, services
- Lead JCI's digital transformation within national accounts with
organizational support focused on Digital enabled services.
- Considers costs of sales as a percent of sales as a key metric
while driving growth.
- Leverages inside sales support to improve overall sales
How you will do it:
- Oversee the management of numerous key client relationships
through effective strategic account planning and execution, as well
as alignment of internal resources with key client decision makers.
You will work with your team to maximize customer wallet share of
both solutions installation and on-going services. This person will
work closely with our digital solutions team to provide customer
specific insight to leverage technology for better user experiences
and identifying unmet customer needs.
- The team will work with the product business units by providing
client facing input on existing products, future development
pipeline, product integration capabilities and new product
development required to help their clients achieve their desired
- This role is designed to lead the national account teams'
strategic direction and to be the single point of contact for our
customers from a JCI Enterprise perspective representing all
solutions and services in all domains. Key performance indicators
include: meeting or exceeding assigned budget, driving profitable
growth, customer satisfaction and expanding share and margin within
assigned account base.
- The National Accounts Team Leader will report to the leader of
national accounts and will be expected to work effectively with
peers, create / update on a quarterly basis and share their teams'
strategic account plans, ensure quarterly business reviews are held
and maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline in order to meet
or exceed annual sales objectives. Operates in an organization that
requires collaboration and active teaming with senior executive
business leadership, several internal functional positions and
local market operational organizations in order to serve customers
and maximize results.
- Clearly understanding our clients' goals and helping them
achieve key business outcomes with a team based approach.
- Oversee the Engagement, qualification, and creation of
strategic account plans including insight maps and relationship
maps/organizational alignment within each account.
- Assign account based quotas to strategic sales professionals
that provides confidence in meeting or exceeding assigned budget
and related growth objectives on a monthly / quarterly / annual
- Increases JCI share across targeted National Account base to
establish company leadership and sustain business growth. Develops
and executes short- and long-term business plans. Produces accurate
forecasts for business and local market financial objectives.
- Manages assets (people, financial and material) in a manner
that meets or exceeds profitability goals.
- Utilize business acumen in order to understand the customer's
unique business requirements and provide input required to
continually evolve the Johnson Controls value proposition.
- Build direct relationships with top key clients and serve as a
point of escalation for customer satisfaction issues for your team.
Monitors customer satisfaction and takes action to address
satisfaction issues in a prompt and non-defensive manner.
- Work with human resources, talent management and director to
develop existing team and, identify, hire, on-board and develop
other account mangers within scope of responsibility as
- Work closely with all business divisions and geographic regions
to meet or exceed demanding customer requirements.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships within sales,
operations, service as well as coordinating with numerous
functional contacts and is a requirement to ensure successful pre
and post-sales support of our client's needs.
- In certain cases, ensure that teams' assigned accounts have an
active and informed Executive Sponsor that participates in high
level relationship building and escalations when appropriate.
- Acts and manages the business with honesty and integrity,
following the highest ethical standards; complies with all local,
state and Federal regulations.
What we look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or
relevant education/work experience.
- 10+ years of direct experience in strategic end-user sales.
Building technology space preferred.
- 10+ years of strategic sales leadership experience and proven
track record of both teambuilding and driving effective sales
growth strategies via matrixed teams.
- Strategic Account Planning and end-user relationship leadership
- A self-motivated team player with exceptional internal and
external relationship development and communication skills both
in-person and remotely.
- This person will possess both account management and business
development acumen and have a proven track record of understanding
clients' businesses, their corporate goals and objectives and
leading teams via consultative sales approaches.
- A proven track record of successfully leading diverse groups in
a matrix style organization is essential.
- Has a broad knowledge of building systems, technology and
energy management as well as facility service practices.
- Ability to maintain a balanced business approach, combining
focus on the customer, quality and people to achieve/exceed
- Communicates clearly and consistently at all levels of the
organization. Articulates a vision and sense of purpose for both
the current and the future business states. Is experienced in
incorporating data and business process information into
encompassing communication opportunities. Skilled in 2-way
communication and utilizes it to create a strategic advantage and
enhance employee engagement.
- Willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Tempe , Customer Success Leader-National Accounts, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!