We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health
for a Limited Term Employee - Medical Assistant (Behavioral
Health). You will need to be professional, friendly, a
self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a health care company focused on the whole
person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health
and substance use treatment for over 50 years. We help people live
their lives in recovery and we save lives every day. Our vision is
to provide extraordinary care by empowered people, achieving
exceptional outcomes. We are guided by our core values of
integrity, compassion and empowerment, with diversity woven
throughout. Together, we are Inspiring Change for Life!
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading
Integrated Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity,
Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health: Extraordinary Care. Empowered People. Exceptional
Terros Health made the list!!
"Most Admired Companies of 2020" as awarded by AZ Big Media.
Medical Assistant Needed at Priest Health Center in Tempe,
Limited Term Employee - Temporary Position
1-3 Months Assignment
(Recruiting For Regular, Full-Time Employed Position)
No Benefits - Temp Position
Full-Time: 40 hours/week
Located Near Loop 202 / Priest Dr
Excellent Compensation ($18/Hour)
Integrated Care Location - Primary Care Services On Site
Behavioral Health Experience is a Plus
NextGen Experience is a Plus
- Provides ongoing services as a medical assistant to patients in
need of medical services for the purpose of establishing and
reaching appropriate treatment goals.
- Prepares patients for examinations, takes medical histories,
assists the physician during the examination, explains medical
procedures to patients.
- Coordinates the appropriate client information with the
behavioral health and other specialty care offices.
- Follows up on the pharmacy, clients, staff and all other
parties phone calls and coordinates a response back based on the
consult with the medical staff.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge, skill, and coordination of
services for this position.
- Answers phones, schedules appointments, greets patients, and
may create correspondence. May assume any, or all of the general
clerical duties within the office.
- Follows up accordingly/promptly on clients requests via
phone/letter at the direction of medical practioners. May
coordinate with the involved parties on behalf of the client.
- Updates patient files, schedules medical tests, and arranges
for hospital admissions.
- Follows up on missed medical appointments to appropriately
re-engage the patients.
- Seeks appropriate clinical supervision to ensure the provision
of effective supportive services.
- Establishes appropriate patient documentations, applications,
forms that conform to agency guidelines, audit tools best
professional practice, and State licensing regulations.
- Completes client documentations within the established
guidelines including but not limited to completion of progress
notes on the date of service; completes medical intake paperwork
and submits on date of service.
If interested, please apply online at www.terroshealth.org.
- Medical Assistant Diploma and/or Certificate Required.
- EMR experience: NextGen preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone,
with high professionalism
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply
for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7
working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a Drug Screen and TB Test
- This role is a non-driving position. This position is performed
at one location and does not require travel to various Terros
Health centers. May be 18 years of age and with less than two
years' driving experience or no driving experience.
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and
wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our
employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit
our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/