Company: The Sundt Companies, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is the technical source of modeling information
for various projects. The VDC Engineer will be responsible for 3D
modeling, routing, and designing of process piping systems from
P&IDs, Mechanical, and Process drawings for use in creating
isometric drawings for purchasing and fabrication of materials for
Industrial, Water, and Wastewater facilities. Write and respond to
RFIs and execute submittals. Develop and maintain professional
working relationship with owners, architects, engineers,
subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Create 3D models and isometric piping drawings with bills of
material for all required piping on the project in Autodesk Plant
- Provide equipment layout based on piping drawings
- Reviews and develops an understanding of project contract
- Sets up VDC efforts for project, including but not limited to,
software, file management, execution plans and workflows
- Obtain field measurements of existing conditions using standard
and digital tools
- Develops and maintains piping line list with assistance of
- Create and maintain piping issue log using BIMTrack
- May assist or lead trade coordination
- May assist with change order development
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: Four-year construction related degree preferred
- 4+ years technical experience in piping design or field
engineering of process piping.
- The ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
with others is essential.
- Knowledge of basic construction processes and techniques.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 3D.
- Preferred: Proficient in Autodesk Plant 3D or equivalent 3D
piping software, Navisworks, Revit
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may
include other duties as assigned.
Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel
objects on a frequent basis
Must be able to comply with all safety standards and
Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire
duration of a shift/work day.
Will interact with people and technology frequently during a
Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional
Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic
devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and
external customers or vendors
May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age or
disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading,
demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising;
layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation;
and selection for training, including apprenticeship,
pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
Keywords: The Sundt Companies, Inc., Tempe , Construction Engineer, Other , tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!