Shipping/ Receiving Assistant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
bluemedia, Inc. is the leading provider of
experiential marketing support in the areas of large format
printing, building and dome projection, complex fabrication and
related installations and reconstructions. Typical customers
include the NFL, sport franchises such as the Arizona Coyotes and
events such as Comic-con International and college bowl games. The
successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, positive
operating environment that practices continuous improvement as an
integral aspect of its culture.
Schedule: Monday Friday(Occasional weekend work)
Hours: 8am-5pm (Flexible schedule preferred)
Rate: Hourly $12-$15 based on experience
Additional Essential Functions:
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments
and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information
of counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing
shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices,
orders, or job tickets.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders
provided by the supervisor.
- Count items to ensure that the correct number has been
- Determine storage areas for inbound shipments and allocate
appropriate space within the warehouse.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe
ways of stacking items on the truck and safely retrieving
- Compare the quality and the product against work orders.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils
identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects
- Inserts items into boxes, using spacers, fillers, and
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal
tape, using strapping machine.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping
instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Forklift certified - Operate Forklift or use hand truck to
move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving area
to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming
- Required to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work with hands for long periods of time
- Walking, bending, kneeling and ability to rise from a kneeling
or sitting position on the floor without assistance
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, stretching and twisting
- Ability to lift objects above head
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: bluemedia, Tempe , Shipping/ Receiving Assistant, Other , tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!