Database Administrator, Infrastructure Support
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Database Administrator, Infrastructure Support
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company
revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has
done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned
way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana,
our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we
own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio
images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana's in-house service or
their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length,
down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at
our company introduction video or learn more about what it's like
to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
We need to be super approachable and always willing to go above
and beyond to help our Carvana family. It could be as simple as
connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux
capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts! We expect smart people who
are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on,
take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work
at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for the design, performance, integrity,
and security of our on-premise. You will also be involved in the
planning and development of the database, as well as
troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Implement database High Availability and Disaster Recovery
configurations and procedures, such as Oracle DataGuard,SQL Always
On, clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other
- Refresh databases as needed by product and development
- Plan VM hardware configurations for SQL deployments CPU,
memory, disk using cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform
or Nutanix Hypervisor
- Familiar with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to perform Backups,
- Be responsible for SQL Server installations, upgrades and patch
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance
including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or
- Write database documentation, including data standards,
procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Review and create capacity planning.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and
operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets
the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur,
including after-hours and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- 3 - 7 years of SQL Server Database Administration
- 3 - 5 years of Oracle Database Administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008-2019.
- Knowledge of Oracle 12c or higher
- Strong T-SQL development skills and knowledge of SQL
- Able to work with PowerShell and command scripting
- Ability of shell scripting
- Knowledge and ability with PowerShell and batch command
- Working knowledge of DMVs and experience monitoring and
administering SQL Server in an H/A Failover environment.
- Familiarity with both on-premise and cloud database
technologies, such as Azure SQL Database or Oracle Cloud
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Idera, Solarwinds DPA,
PRTG, or SQL Sentry Oracle EM.
What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds independently; majority of
lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 70 pounds up to 20
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Carvana, Tempe , Database Administrator, Infrastructure Support, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!