Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Company: SVB Financial
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come join a growing bank at the heart of the innovation,
technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to
expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the
core of everything we do.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsibility
for performance, reliability and availability of critical
applications for Silicon Valley Bank.
Skills and requirements:
- Be part of the team that owns the availability, performance and
reliability of customer deployments'
- Drive adherence to SLAs through monitoring, alerting and
- Deploy, maintain, support and troubleshoot critical,
large-scale customer infrastructure deployments in private and
- Dive deep into issues and outages to establish root causes and
communicate them to your business partners
- Design and document automated procedures
- Partner with the Security team to ensure confidentiality,
integrity and availability of customer data and deployments
The ideal candidate will have experience and qualifications for
planning and managing operations infrastructure, including:
- Experience planning and executing site deployments (AWS,
- Expertise automating system administration tasks with scripting
tools (Python or shell preferred).
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting operating system,
networking, configuration and performance problems.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols:
TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and
popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd,
Apache Tomcat, Postfix, and MySQL server.
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools such as
Ansible, Splunk, Zabbix, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and
- Familiar with system hardening and server security best
- provided by Dice
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer
Science, Software. Engineering, or other related engineering
- AWS Certified (Associate Solutions Architect or Sysops
Administrator) with hands on extensive experience in AWS Cloud
Operations and experience in design & implementation of complex
distributed applications and infrastructure.
- 5 years of experience architecting and running complex AWS or
other cloud networking infrastructure resources
- 5 years of experience with Ansible, Chef and Terraform
- 5 years of experience architecting and running kubernetes
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong linux understanding and experience
- Strong security background and knowledge
- Understand performance and availability requirements; working
with Software Engineering to define deployment, configuration and
- A strong working knowledge of Linux variants
- Experience maintaining complex systems in a cloud
- Ability to create meaningful metrics and alerting for service
- Reducing manual effort through automation with scripting or
- Skilled with configuration management and automation
- Proficiency driving Root Cause Analyses to meaningful
- Leading troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production
- Participating as part of a 24x7 on call rotation
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Extensive AWS, Kubernetes skills
- Cybersecurity experience (e.g. Infrastructure, application,
system or compliance)
- Understand replication and clustering strategies and are
familiar with data stores such as DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra and
Keywords: SVB Financial, Tempe , Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!