Onboarding and KYC Specialist, Officer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Onboarding and KYC Specialist, Officer
- Requisition # 10042810-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Tempe, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 04/01/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial
group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients' best
interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to
understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We're part
of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's
most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a
culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your
potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and
creating results is rewarded.
The Onboarding & KYC Professional I is responsible for
completing Client Identification and Customer Due Diligence files
for new and existing customers in support of Front Office business
lines. Day to day responsibilities include performing KYC research
and related OFAC checks, compliance exemption requests, and other
inter-departmental requests. Will follow established guidelines to
identify and resolve problems and will use some independence of
thought but is expected to refer more complex problems to
supervisors or other experts. Must meet Service Level Agreements
(SLA) with various Business Units and utilize departmental tracking
Onboarding & KYC Professional I is part of the First Line of
Defense Control Office and works closely with Relationship Managers
(RM's) and Portfolio Managers (PM's), with Tax Operations,
Regulatory Reporting teams, with Compliance Division Officers, and
with other operation teams.
- Validates new, existing, and ad hoc KYC files against legal
documentation and third-party sources, remediating errors as
necessary, for customers managed by a supported business unit.
- Ensures all required customer information and supporting
documentation are captured for new and existing customers who are
going through a triggering event or material change by coordinating
with Business Unit Relationship Managers. Validates resubmitted
documents and updates system accordingly as needed.
- Tracks onboarding requests, re-assesses pipeline, and manages
assignments as necessary.
- Monitors, researches, analyzes, and addresses all essential
compliance activities including but not limited to drilling down on
beneficial ownership for higher risk clients, identifying
politically exposed (PEP) individuals, negative media, and
- Coordinates directly with other areas of the bank clients to
obtain relevant KYC requirements (i.e. Risk, Compliance, Legal,
Business, Operations, Front Office.)
- Promptly responds to queries and assists with problem-solving
of matters received from personnel internal to the Bank.
- Maintains detailed tracking of KYC file status and other
customer record activities to ensure completion within required
- Implements process improvement to create efficiencies.
- Informs management on status of cases and proactively
identifies and flags issues.
- May be accountable for regular reporting or process
administration as owner.
- Performs special projects as required and any other duties as
- 3 years prior experience in the field of Anti-Money Laundering
/ KYC checks required
- Excellent attention to detail, organized approach, and strong
problem solving/facilitation abilities
- Mature approach with excellent influential communication
- Strong time management, work organization and multi-tasking
skills with a drive for efficiency, accuracy and risk management
controls while maintaining 100% dedication, excellent attitude, and
- Effective Internet and research skills and usage of third-party
tools such as Dun Bradstreet, LexisNexis, government registries,
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds,
perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create
opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not
discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such
as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness
of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment
decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire
into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made.
Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have
been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain
Keywords: MUFG, Tempe , Onboarding and KYC Specialist, Officer, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!