Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team
of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things
that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an
eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making
it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things.
That is why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
This is an exciting time to join Honeywell Aerospace!
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group)
with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international
locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing,
manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems,
products, and services to commercial, defense and space
In this role, you will be required to work directly with
suppliers to satisfy Honeywell's quality standards and strategy in
the manufacture of aerospace and electronic components.
As a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be required to
interact with all levels of supplier management. Organizationally,
you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Supplier
Engineering. You will be expected to travel locally in support of a
variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of
your time at supplier facilities. As Honeywell's point of contact
within the supply base in direct support of OEM site requirements,
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of
advanced quality processes including statistically based variation
reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing
- Evaluate prospective supplier quality systems and conduct gap
analysis where required
- Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and
regulatory requirements (including international regulation
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and
related improvements within the supply base. Prepare progress
reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality
and cost effectiveness from the suppliers
- Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six
Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation
You will be responsible for quality assurance processes
including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection
Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as
coordination of Quality System (AS 9100) compliance audits and
special process oversight. In addition, you will be responsible for
training and deployment of Manufacturing Process Control, variation
reduction, quality requirement compliance, Six Sigma, and other
Honeywell sponsored supplier initiatives.
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizen or US permanent resident required due to government
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, materials, supply chain,
management, business or technical discipline.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing/assembly operations,
quality, engineering (design or manufacturing), and
materials/procurement; ideally focuses within aerospace mechanical
commodities. These areas may be replaced by related military
- 5 years of experience working with suppliers.
- Certified Green Belt or equivalent; Lean Expert or Black
- Experience with Automotive or Aerospace products
- Additional experience or training in RCCA, Process Mapping,
FMEAs and Control Plans or APQP/PPAP
- Experience using Six Sigma Plus tools.
- Demonstrated self-starter & the ability to perform with minimal
- Experience in leading teams focused on problem solving and
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide a clear
vision of the strategy and processes for key stakeholders
- High level of analytical ability to identify and evaluate
appropriate courses of action for definition and resolution of
- Knowledge and use of GDT (Geometric Dimensioning &
Tolerancing), blueprint reading/interpretation, and measurement
equipment (calipers, micrometer, etc.).
- JOB ID: HRD121171
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd.,Tempe,Arizona,85284,United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Human Resources (CORPORATE HR)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.