R&D Engineer II Product Engineering
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description Summary
Manage R&D resources to conceptualize, design, develop &
validate new or upgraded products, and successfully advance new
products though commercial launch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage R&D Team resources & activities: Product
development; Design Controls; Market research, competitor product
analysis, literature & patent search, customer interface, business
team & department communication and leadership staff member.
- Coordinate and manage the R&D project portfolio to design,
develop & launch new or upgraded products & processes including:
project plans, product design & development, product testing and
effective integration of all R&D team activities.
- Manage all inputs to advance new product development thru
commercial launch, including Regulatory, Quality & Manufacturing
- Lead R&D Staff, including overall team performance & Career
- Develop & Qualify new products to meet customer expectations &
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or the physical sciences, with an
advanced degree and/or MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years in R&D / New Product Development (NPD), with
related project management experience and/or team leadership
- R&D Leadership for product & process development, including
Design Controls and Regulatory requirements, scale-up, verification
& validation for commercial launch.
- 3-5+ years Resource (people) Manager experience, with
demonstrated leadership capability to effectively coach, mentor and
manage the R&D Team, and provide overall R&D Team
- Strong aptitude for conceptualizing technical and product
development concepts; engage & focus R&D teams; meet Quality &
Regulatory requirements; and drive business objectives to deliver
results on schedule & within budget.
- Passion for improving the lives of customers & their
caregivers. Resourceful & skilled problem solver, to overcome novel
challenges & realize BD's brand promise.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA GA - Covington BMD
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Tempe , R&D Engineer II Product Engineering, Other , tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!