Internal Controls Assurance and Advisory, Assistant Vice Pre
Company: MUFG Union Bank
Posted on: April 9, 2021
MUFG is committed to the safety and well-being of our
colleagues, clients, candidates, and the community as we manage the
current COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, as we continue to
recruit and hire exceptional talent to join our team, we are taking
the necessary precautions to limit in-person contact, aligned with
Federal, State, and local health recommendations and requirements.
All interviews are being conducted remotely via Skype, FaceTime, or
phone. Additionally, we have implemented remote on-boarding for new
colleagues, as appropriate. Thank you for your interest in
exploring career opportunities with MUFG. Internal Controls
Assurance and Advisory, Assistant Vice President Do you want your
voice heard and your actions to count? Discover your opportunity
with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest
financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April
2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a
difference for every client, organization, and community we serve.
We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on
integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people
first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward
greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts
responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and
owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice
heard and your actions count.
Job Summary Employees in this role type work with Non-IT VPs on
that VPs portfolio of SOX 404 or internal control over regulatory
reporting, processes. In doing so they typically work on less
complex processes. This work includes:--
- Documenting and updating process documentation
- Identifying and confirming controls that mitigate risk
- Conducting process walkthroughs
- Documenting and maintaining non-IT control documentation
- Testing the design of non-IT controls
- Determining and updating non-IT control operating effectiveness
- Obtaining operating effectiveness testing evidence of non-IT
- Coordinating operating effectiveness testing with offshore
- Reviewing offshore testing, results and exceptions
- Working with CAA VPs or directors to resolve testing or other
- Facilitating timely completeness of quality work
- Helping in identify process improvement opportunities
- Performing quality control testing, work documentation and
issue identification for any controls assigned for on-shore
- Supporting special not-IT projects or initiatives
- Thorough understanding of testing SOX controls.
- Comprehensive and current understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and
- Strong knowledge of banking/financial services industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products - Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint Education, Licensure, Experience:
- Accounting or finance degree is required.
- CPA certification is a plus.
- Minimum 9 years related experience, including a minimum of 4
years SOX-related experience and 3 years banking experience.
- Public accounting experience is a plus. The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work
being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified . We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to
leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of
our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our
business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the
basis of any protected category. A conviction is not an absolute
bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence
of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness
are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the
bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history
after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from
employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a
pretrial diversion for, certain offenses. We are committed to
ensuring that our online application process provides an equal
employment opportunity to all applicants, including individuals
with disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability, or
are assisting an applicant with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-866-275-4717 or
email us at AskHR@us.mufg.jp . Include your contact information and
specific details about your requested accommodation. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and
experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our
colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment
decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Keywords: MUFG Union Bank, Tempe , Internal Controls Assurance and Advisory, Assistant Vice Pre, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!