Sr. Principal Infrastructure Specialist
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The IT Services Group within NortonLifeLock is looking to
redefine itself as a model of innovation, delivering high-value
services to our customers through technology solutions. This
cultural transformation starts with how we act, talk and
collaborate with our customers and colleagues, in the pursuit of
designing, implementing, and sustaining all the processes,
capabilities, products, and services that enable NortonLifeLock to
realize its vision.
The successful applicant will work with diverse technologies to
build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft
repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available server
infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system
updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning.
- Acts as a shift lead during US hrs to coordinate incoming
incident/issues/changes amongst the team and drive high visibility
business-impacting service outages.
- Identify new opportunities & run PoC/implementation with the
rest of the team as part of a technology refresh.
- Mentor and help other members of a team with relevant
technologies and issues as Sr resource.
- Installation, troubleshooting & management of Network
Infrastructure as a part of Global Network Services team.
- Ownership of low to high priority incidents assigned to Network
queue by Service Desk, Users & Monitoring systems until
- Implement routine changes such as OS upgrades, Routing,
ACL/Firewall rule updates, and project-related changes such as
installation & configuration of new devices, ISP circuits, S2S VPN
- Effectively collaborate with Vendors, ISPs & other
cross-functional teams to drive incidents & Changes while following
ITSM best practices & SLAs.
- Identify Automation opportunities and automate regular network
functions via code.
- Update diagrams, documentation, policies & procedures to keep
SoPs up to date.
- Part of a Global team providing 24*5 support with rotating
on-call over the weekend.
- Bachelor's degree in CS/Electronics/IT or equivalent with 10+
years of industry experience in the networking domain.
- Relevant Certifications on vendor products like Cisco, Juniper,
Experience 10+ years
- SDWAN Technology (Versa, SilverPeak, Viptela)
- Campus/WAN/DC Routing & Switching, ACI Fabric (Cisco ISR, CAT,
- NGFW Platforms (Juniper, Cisco, Fortinet)
Good To Know Skills
- Voice Telephony (Cisco, Avaya)
- Azure Network Infrastructure Administration
- Coding/Scripting (Ansible, Python)
- DNS, DHCP & IPAM (DDI)
- Must have strong Networking concepts and experience in Cisco
Routing/Switching/Wireless, NGFW, IPS/IDS, DDI platforms.
- Must have Hands-on experience on one of the SDWAN Platforms
such as Versa, Viptela, Silver Peak.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and must be able to work
effectively within and other teams.
- Be open to work on technologies under Network portfolio such as
Load balancers, NAC, Remote Access VPNs, DDI, Azure.
- Experience in using common systems logging and monitoring tools
such as Splunk, Solarwinds
- Basic understanding of IP Telephony & Voice Networking
- Understanding of any of scripting languages (Shell/Python
- Good understanding of ITSM.
- Willing to work during evening Hrs and weekends as needed to
support the business.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard
to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy
(including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic
information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration
made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock
strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected
characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates
from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest
and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.EEO is the law.
Applicants and employees of NortonLifeLock Inc. are protected under
Federal law from discrimination. See the EEO poster and
Keywords: NortonLifeLock, Tempe , Sr. Principal Infrastructure Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!