Responsible for running operations for the NorthernAmerica
registered Transfer Agency division and delivering exceptional
servicingfor our client ’ s mutual funds as well as common and
collective vehicles.In this highly visible role, you ’ llmanage
oversight of all business deliverables including traditional
investorservicing for direct investors, dealer and intermediary
servicing for indirectinvestors, call center activities, cash
movement, reconciliations, and auditsupport to ensure accurate and
timely delivery; and lead a large team ofindividuals in Chicago,
Illinois and Tempe, Arizona.
The role requires a results-driven, strategic leader withproven
experience in business operations and people management
complemented bya strong orientation in client servicing, problem
solving, strategic planning,and project management.
The role will liaise with a wide-network of
stakeholders,including Technology, Product, Fund Governance,
Relationship Management, Sales,Audit and Compliance, as well as
external Clients and Industry participants.
· Deliver exceptional service across our clientbase in accuracy
and timeliness of execution as well as client and
· Independently ownthe end to end resolution of complex
intra-day inquiries from our clients andstaff.
· Utilize KPIs and metrics to assess operationaleffectiveness,
measure accuracy and improve performance.
· Maintain strong control environment, maximizingprocess
consistency and efficiency.
· Embed a culture of continuous improvement.Analyze current
processes and maketechnological or operational enhancements to
improve efficiency within thegroup.
· Activelycommunicate and meet with clients to discuss servicing
related issues orproduct offerings; participate in functional
service meetings or clientvisits.
· Ensure operational risk is managed effectivelyacross the
function and is fully compliant with global standards and
localregulations, laws and policies.
· Oversee local regulatory, audit, and compliancematters and
liaise with the other senior stakeholders as required.
· Independentlydrive tactical and strategic projects, earn
buy-in from all stakeholders, anddeliver high quality results
within stated timeframes.
· Develop strategic plan, sets goals andpriorities based on the
direction set for the unit; drives execution to ensurethat
objectives are met.
· Manage budget and headcount commitments in orderto deliver to
plan. Identify and deliver efficiency and cost saving initiativeson
an on-going basis.
· Display a balanced, cross-functionalperspective, liaising with
the business as well as IT, and external vendors toimprove
efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
· Stayabreast of developments in the mutual funds industry and
regulatory environmentand anticipates how they will impact clients
as well as our businessmodel.
· Support the onboarding and implementation of newbusiness and
ensure operational readiness to provide exceptional service.
· Provideleadership and guidance to the team regarding new
business or emergingpractices within the department.
· Assist the sales team with RFPs, participate inprospective
client due diligence and product presentations
· Responsible for managing multiple units orfunctions through
the direct management of a group of managers.
· Foster a high performing team environment to ensure staff are
motivated, challenged andappropriately rewarded
· Attract, develop and retain key talent acrossthe operations
ensuring appropriate succession plans are in place for key
· Value diversity in hiring, promotion anddevelopmental
initiatives to promote a diverse workforce
· Conduct the performance management process,identifies training
and development needs, and establishes performance standardsfor the
division/unit, drives a standard of excellence and
· Make staffing decisions, manages expenses andsalary review
process for the division
· A College or University degree and/or relevantproven work
experience is required
· 15+ years of relevant experience including seniormanagement
and leadership positions
· Proven experience in managing a medium to largescale
· Familiarity with transfer agency coreapplications, and
ancillary tools such as work flow, cash movement andreconciliation,
dealer interfaces, and call center phone technology
· Strong technical knowledge of U.S. mutual fundsindustry and
global financial markets
· Possess working knowledge of 40 Act rulesgoverning Transfer
Agency, and other regulations such as FATCA, GDR, KYC/AML,1099 tax
reporting, and state escheatment rules
Skills & Experience
· Execution focused individual with strongleadership and
organizational skills who can translate strategic vision intoclear
initiatives and drive execution across multiple areas to achieve
· Proven experience in creating and implementingprocesses that
result in improved business performance
· Strategic abilities in long term planning andmanaging the
profitability of a major business segment
· Superior people leadership/management skillswith a proven
track record in managing large teams both in-location andremotely
to successfully deliver complex programs
· Ability to delegate, with appropriate controlsto ensure
effective running of the team
· Demonstratedsuccess in recruiting, retaining, motivating and
cultivating teams to achievepeak performance and productivity.
Highly skilled at identifying talent,fostering collaboration and
· Strong Influencing and negotiation skills;ability to build
effective networks and relationships across a large andcomplex
· Client servicing mindset and ability to instilla client
centric culture across the operations; adept at
strengtheningrelationships with key clients
· Agile, adaptable, and able to manage numerouscompeting
· Excellent verbal and written communicationskills
· Demonstrable ability to interact with seniormanagement and
clients showing in-depth knowledge of TA
· Highly PC literate with excellent IT skills(e.g. Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
NorthernTrust provides innovative financial services and
guidance to corporations,institutions and affluent families and
individuals globally. With 130years of financial experience
andnearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated
clients usingleading technology and exceptional service.
As aNorthern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and
collaborative workculture, which has a strong history of financial
strength and stability.Movement within the organization is
encouraged, senior leaders are accessible,and you can take pride in
working for a company that is committed tostrengthening the
communities we serve !
Werecognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in
thought, and inexperience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top
employer for Diversity in2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests andexperience
could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and
ethicalcompanies. Build your career with us and apply
My Profile Create and manage profiles for future
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email
our HR Service Center or call 1-800-807-0302 (North America),
+630-276-5353 (Asia Pacific), 1800-425-0333 (India), +44(0)207 982
4357 (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
APAC/India EEO Statement
Canada EEO Statement
EMEA EEO Statement
USA EEO Statement