Career Opportunities: Sr. Director, Sales (26626) Amkor
Technology, Inc. is one of the world’s largest providers of
outsourced semiconductor packaging and test services. Founded in
1968, Amkor pioneered the outsourcing of IC packaging and test and
is now a strategic manufacturing partner for the world’s leading
semiconductor companies, foundries and electronics OEMs. Amkor’s
operational base includes production facilities, product
development centers and sales and support offices located in key
electronics manufacturing regions in Asia, Europe and the USA. For
more information, visit www.amkor.com .
Amkor is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Sales based in its San
Jose, CA office. This role is responsible for managing a team of
sales/account managers, focusing on managing existing customers,
identifying and penetrating new customers for business development,
OEM accounts management, and managing and motivating the account
teams and corporate resources to maximize revenue growth and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Position Amkor for design wins for all new products and
• Negotiate with customers regarding contracts and pricing.
• Establish and manage the customer strategic goals and align
corporate resources to achieve maximum profitable revenue.
• Establish close relationships with key decision makers at
various levels and groups both internally and externally.
• Manage Account Teams to measure and monitor performance. Give
direction and motivation, and provide management feedback when
needed. Responsible for leading an account team which includes
Account Manager(s), Technical Program Managers, and Customer
• Motivate the account team and corporate resources to maximize
revenue and customer satisfaction.
• Establish and develop relationships and sales strategies with
Prospect Accounts to grow revenue for Amkor. Identify target
accounts, qualify prospects, and engage and support customers
through ramp up stage.
• Establish and develop relationships and strategies with OEM's
to position Amkor in a place where the OEM directs their suppliers
to source from Amkor.
• Develop new accounts where identified, establish and manage
strategic goals for the account team to contribute to company goals
and annual plans.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 12 years'
sales experience with a proven track record of sales growth within
the semiconductor industry.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both large and small
groups both verbal and written.
• Prior supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership
ability to champion change.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to work in a highly dynamic, matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated experience driving continuous improvement while
leading others in a results driven environment.
• Proven strategic thinker who can engage with all levels of
• Proficiency with MS Office is required.
• Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to
50% of the time.
San Jose, CA
Amkor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national
origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military
or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.