Requisition ID 26628 - Posted 08/05/2020
- Product Management - Full-Time
Amkor Technology, Inc. is one of the world’s largest providers
of outsourced semiconductor packaging and test services. Founded in
1968, Amkor pioneered the outsourcing of IC packaging and test and
is now a strategic manufacturing partner for the world’s leading
semiconductor companies, foundries and electronics OEMs. Amkor’s
operational base includes production facilities, product
development centers and sales and support offices located in key
electronics manufacturing regions in Asia, Europe and the USA. For
more information, visit www.amkor.com .
Amkor is recruiting for a Director, SiP Product Line based in
the San Jose, CA office. This role is responsible for the direct
management of key customer SiP modules from new product planning,
development, qualification, and through volume production to meet
revenue and profitability goals. The position will work closely
with internal teams in R&D, process engineering, quality,
reliability, procurement, factory planning, sales, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with customer and internal teams to assess new
SiP opportunities for technical and commercial feasibility and to
win the business.
• Work with cross functional teams to support new product
development activities for assembly and test from proof-of-concept
through production ramp and EOL.
• Activities include packaging process flows, material &
supplier selection, reliability testing, electrical and mechanical
characterization, and test technologies.
• Promote Amkor's SiP module technologies to new and existing
customers to grow the business.
• Grow market intelligence and integrate into overall strategy
to win target opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical,
material science, or similar) with 10+ years' of work experience in
the semiconductor industry.
• Solid knowledge of semiconductor packaging design, materials,
substrate, development methodology, and manufacturing methods.
• Direct prior product management experience involving off-shore
factory assets and the ability to multiplex across numerous
programs and teams is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a heavily
• Needs to be self-driven and very motivated to adapt and
overcome obstacles across different groups/organizations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Technical presentations for customers.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
• This position requires travel domestic and
• Master's Degree in Engineering.
• Familiarity with test methodologies.
• Experience with cost modeling.
San Jose, CA
Amkor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national
origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military
or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.