Correspondence & Dispute Specialist
Company: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is Americas 8th-largest
third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing?
Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate
investment firms) contract with us to manage (or service) their
loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners mortgage payments,
paying homeowners tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners
in default to get current once again.
The Correspondence & Dispute Specialist is responsible for handling
Qualified Written Requests and Credit Bureau Disputes. The job will
entail reviewing all written inquiries, disputes and complaints
from borrowers or their authorized representatives, researching and
resolving issues, and providing formal written responses within
deadlines. ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of
all aspects of Operations, including payment processing, escrow,
taxes and insurance, boarding, credit reporting etc., and be able
to direct members of those departments in resolving issues. The job
will require continuous learning and keeping up-to-date with the
Regulations related to the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
(RESPA), Truth In Lending Act (TILA) the Fair Credit Reporting Act
(FCRA), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and
policies and procedures regarding Fraud/ID Theft.
- Prioritize and be able to complete tasks according to
- Research issues to identify root causes and be able to execute
a plan of action for resolution.
- Ensure the necessary actions/corrections are made to the
accounts to resolve disputes, complaints and inquiries.
- Compose written responses to borrowers (or their authorized
representatives) providing final resolution.
- Submit updates to the credit reporting agencies as needed, to
resolve credit disputes.
- Ensure timely processing of Automated Credit Dispute
Verifications (ACDVs) and Automated Universal Data forms (AUDs)
through the online portal.
- Assist with researching and composing written responses to
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to
be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability
to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including
handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of
Foreclosure is a plus.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, inquisitive, and have a
passion for investigating and problem solving.
- Good written communication skills are needed, including good
use of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Advanced understanding of Mortgage and Consumer finance a
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with Mortgage Servicing systems is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and deadline driven.
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of
new skills and tasks
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work
- Knowledge of credit reporting and FCRA is a plus
- Math and analytical skills needed
- High School Diploma required.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing, Tempe , Correspondence & Dispute Specialist, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!