Development Product Owner I
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobRepresents business stakeholders to elicit,
understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business
needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build
effective solutions. Utilizes a proficient understanding of
customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to
prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within
multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative
Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and
variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert,
engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from
the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides
continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the
execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business
executive's strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities
for completion and proper documentation of business requirements
and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and
Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams
to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational
risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate
- Works with different technologies (infrastructure, mobile,
MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- Serves as a subject matter resource in a particular business or
system domain, as necessary.
- Identifies, engages and influences business stakeholders and
Subject Matter Experts.
Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and
validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining a
proficient understanding of the needs, measures, and risks &
controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assists with project level plans related to schedule, scope and
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates a cross-functional team
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholder.
Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arms them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement,
project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business
- Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and
Change Management practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
applicable databases.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred
- 6 or more years in Mortgage, Real Estate, Banking or another
- Current industry designation/certification (SAFe or other
Agile/project management certification or degree).
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through team leadership,
product ownership, process engineering or similar experiences.
- Scaled Agile methodology experience in writing features and
defining user stories/acceptance criteria.
- Experience successfully leading a cross-functional team and
working with partners in various disciplines.
- Experience driving product or feature innovation with a focus
on providing a beautiful user experience.
- Experience with Business case development and analysis.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available for this position.For Internal
Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date
of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval
prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the
opening is 3/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Development Product Owner I, Other , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!