Company: DriveTime Automotive Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2020
DriveTime Needs a Corporate Paralegal Headquartered in Tempe,
Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales
and finance company in the country (yes, we are THAT good)! With
more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15
reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are
focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the
right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our
dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining
what it means to buy and finance a used car. As focused as we are
on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right
talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All
across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to
our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for
talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing
team!That's Nice, But What's the Job? In short, as a Corporate
Paralegal you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the
legal department and have an opportunity to become a vital part of
an established legal team that provides day to day support,
including legal, risk and business analysis. In long, the Corporate
Paralegal is responsible for:
- Provide legal support assistance to the legal team as
- Maintain and update legal calendar and related databases.
- Assist with corporate governance matters including record
keeping, board meetings, and related filings.
- Partner with attorneys on investigating and resolving consumer,
commercial, and employee disputes.
- Conduct legal research and prepare legal memorandums.
- Assist with subpoena responses and other records requests.
- Assist in gathering and preparing documents and other records
for discovery responses.
- Prepare, update and maintain litigation hold notices and
- Assist in preparation of company policies and procedures.
- Assist with reviews and/or drafts miscellaneous agreements and
- As requested, drafts contract amendments, assignments, notices,
legal correspondence, etc.
- As is relates to contracts, follows-up on outstanding legal
documents/issues, as needed. So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability
to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a
wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know "detail-oriented" is on
about every job description - but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move
quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a
high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You'll be
handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to
prioritize then re-prioritize--- then--- re-prioritize again.
- Passionate and goal-oriented. We are looking for someone that
is enthusiastic about their work and is passionate about not only
meeting their goals but exceeding them.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Friendly and tactful with the
ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise
sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and
confidential information, interact at all levels within the
organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the
business. The Specifics.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or
in-house corporate legal team
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certification from an
accredited paralegal program
- Previous experience with HR issues and employment laws and/or
reviewing contracts and basic contract law and/or litigation and
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go "above and beyond" to
meet requirements of the position when required. Anything Else?
Absolutely. DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ
by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places
to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative,
transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by
Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon! So What About
the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your
premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn't love
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you'll fit right in with
the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have
a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need
a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be
the best versions of themselves. That's why we offer a Wellness
Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings,
biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in
promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our
team members and taking them on the path to owning their
Keywords: DriveTime Automotive Group, Inc., Tempe , Corporate Paralegal, Legal , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!