Public Cloud Technology - Senior Level
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Public Cloud Engineer -
Senior Level for our Phoenix, AZ facility. Public Cloud Engineers
are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle
which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system
requirements, responding to outages and creating application system
models. Public Cloud Engineers primary functions are to design,
develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems
and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections
(analysis, design, code). In addition, Public Cloud Engineers
participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to
refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and
interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the
achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an
advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating in-depth
technical and/or business knowledge within their respective areas
of specialization. Incumbents work independently on complex work
assignments and may determine methods and procedural approaches on
new assignments. In addition, responsibilities include serving as
resources to internal and third party team members on escalated
technical issues and analyzing and designing specifications for
less experienced team members to execute. Job Requirements ABOUT
USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. ABOUT USAA IT Our most
important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't
just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million
members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees
strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on
agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best
Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a
Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity
Magazine. See what it's like to work for a company where your
passion meets our purpose: * Utilizing technical expertise; Creates
system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and
unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality
and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
* Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact
* Resolves complex technical design issues.
* Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating
applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
* Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with
business or technical departments.
* Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user
* Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance
* Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize
impact and future occurrences.
* Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead
technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code
* Typically serves as a resource to the business.
* Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the
accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and
third party team members.
* Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal
and third party team members to execute.
* Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life
* May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills
development of team members.
* Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical
work packages to cross functional and third party team members for
execution through the full development life cycle.
* Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and
* Coordinates system application transition from development teams
to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and
implements necessary controls to assure system/application
traceability. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years
of equivalent work experience in IT
* AND, 6 or more years of software development experience
demonstrating depth of technical understanding within specific I/T
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
PREFERRED * 4+ years of experience with public cloud providers
including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
* 1+ years of experience with risk detection & remediation,
automated configuration & control tools like Redlock and
* 1+ years of infrastructure templating tools Terraform and
* Specific knowledge with Amazon AWS including:
* 3+ years of Identity Access Management such as Security IAM,
Networking, VPC Design
* Resilient, scalable & secure application architectures leveraging
IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services
* Sensitive data management in the cloud including data protection
& security with AWS Macie
* Container based development and administration
* CI/CD Tooling The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for this
position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 06/13/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Tempe , Public Cloud Technology - Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Chandler, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!