Sr. Manager, IT - Tech Ops (16979)
Company: Sharp Decisions
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Sr. Manager, IT - Tech Ops
The Sr. Manager, IT - Tech Ops will play a key role within
Technology Operations by maturing technology processes to ensure
they are well controlled, documented, and meet the company
objectives. They will assess needs and capabilities, understand
requirements, and support the effective implementation of critical
processes such as IT asset management, patch management and
governance, change and release management, disaster recovery, and
incident and problem management. This individual will also provide
guidance and support technology leaders and project teams in
integrating risk management processes and activities into their
project plans and processes.
* Partner with leaders to enhance and mature processes and
reporting. Develop actionable metrics and key control indicators
and identify process improvements such as controls suitable for
* Strengthen and mature risk management processes within Technology
* Support operational transparency by providing issues, risk, and
control information to enable comprehensive and actionable
* Advise management on the status of their control environment
related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
* Coordinate, prioritize, and report on open issues (e.g.
Self-Identified, Audit findings, Matters Requiring Attention, 2nd
line findings etc.)
* Collaborate with 1st and 2nd lines of defense on risk
assessments, control testing and monitoring
* Lead audit and exam management efforts for Technology Operations.
Collect and analyze information prior to sharing with auditors and
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of business acumen,
technical competency, a collaborative nature, and a hands-on
self-starter spirit, along with strong communication, leadership,
and organizational development skills. This leader must be able to
work with multiple teams simultaneously and thrive in fast-paced,
dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, a
problem solver and has a proven track record in technology and/or
business operations in a regulated environment.
* Seven years of technology and security risk management or audit
experience preferably in the financial services industry
* Experience in leading business analysis, process (re)design,
operating plan and strategy development, business reporting.
Skilled in the use of office tools like Excel and PowerPoint.
* Familiarity or working knowledge of technology and security
operations and the various related functions required to
successfully manage IT. Understanding of regulatory compliance is
* Team leadership experience including full-time, contract, and
* A solid understanding of how organization and people go through a
change and the change process
* Focused experience and knowledge of risk management principles,
methodologies and tools.
* Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
* Excellent active listening skills.
* Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of
* Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
* Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
* Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and
* Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues
* Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
* Serve as a strategic thought partner to the company's technology
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, IT, or related field; Advanced
degree (MBA, Masters in Accounting or Information Systems)
preferred. CISM, CISSP, CIA, or CISA certifications strongly
Keywords: Sharp Decisions, Tempe , Sr. Manager, IT - Tech Ops (16979), IT / Software / Systems , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!