Director, Digital Channels Technology
Company: Circle K
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Circle K has an ambition to double its business in the next several
years through making its customers lives a little easier every day
by delivering differentiated, delightful customer experiences.
Technology leadership and customer technology capability will be a
critical to achieving this goal. A key focus area is to innovate
the Customer Journey and deliver on our digital channel
Thats where you come in, we are looking for a Director, Digital
Channels Technology to join our team. This a newly created role
within our Global Technology team, that will be responsible for
bringing our mobile tech strategy to live through technology and
digital capabilities. Reporting to VP Customer Experience
Technology you will be a key partner to our Global Marketing team
and other members of our senior leadership team.
- Must be obsessed with delivering results, thinking big and
finding a way, and have an external awareness and curiosity to
innovate and disrupt.
- Accountable for overall success of the mobile tech channels
(global mobile app, web, In Store digital boards, digital commerce
storefronts (DXP and Custom), chatbot, subscription apps (e.g.
carwash), to deliver the business objectives.
- Creates and maintains product roadmap. Is a trusted advisor for
the VP of Customer Experience and other functional stakeholders on
how to deliver on the vision and strategy for the domain
- Creates and maintains Dependency map, understands the
applications and integrations involved in delivering on the full
- Ensuring cost optimal solutions with low TCO, forecasting and
cost management, including aligning with necessary stakeholders in
business and other IT departments
- Collaborates with Product Owner, Product Lead and Application
teams to define the domain backlog and feature priority
- Coordinates multiple teams (agile and waterfall) to release the
- Removes Product Level Blockers (e.g. dependency between
- Lead, manage and develop team a high performing team
- Define Releases and Program Increments
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or comparable focus
- 5 years or more of experience implementing and evolving Mobile
Applications, Commerce Storefronts, Web App, Micro-sites,
Conversational Engines, Web Sites, Retail Digital Boards,
Advertising Platforms, Content Management Systems, Digital
Experience Platforms, Digital Asset Management, Recommendation
Engines, Promotion Engines, Personalization engines, Search
Engines, Tracking & Analytics, AB Testing, SEO and SEM in 30B+
Market Capital retailers.
- Strong understanding on how Digital Channels connects with the
MarTech and MarCom technology stacks.
- Experience in partnering with Marketing teams on definitions,
evolution and building road maps, identifying Personas, elaborating
user experience, elaborating empathy canvas, and elaborating
customer journey maps in 30B+ Market Capital retailers in global
- An ideal candidate should have technology design, delivery, and
production support expertise for large-scale Omni-channel
- Software delivery leveraging agile and lean practices at
- Experience in developing capabilities consuming APIs, and micro
- Good understanding of Cloud, AI/ML, Robotics, AR/VR and other
- Proven track record to partner with multiple stakeholders and
partners to build an innovative and collaborative team
- Experience formulating vision and strategy to transform,
simplify and modernize the implementation of customer-facing
- Experience developing a business case to justify IT
- Experience managing technology capital and expense
- Experience with evaluation, recommendation and procurement of
IT assets and solutions.
- Project Management experience, including estimating and
forecasting, budget, and financial management as well as resource
- Prior Vendor Management responsibility and expertise.
This position can be based out of our Tempe, Arizona or Charlotte,
North Carolina BU office.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.The Company complies with
the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and
local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled
to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and
certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue
hardship on the Company. Please inform the Companys Human Resources
Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to
otherwise participate in the application process.by Jobble
Keywords: Circle K, Tempe , Director, Digital Channels Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!