Strategic Technology Engineer - RF/Microwave
Company: Viasat, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Strategic Technology Engineer - RF/Microwave US - AZ - Tempe Ref
#7760 10-Dec-2020 Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact.
At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the
capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's
fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping
to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers
around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to
connect with one another, gain greater access to education,
entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team
is empowering millions of customers worldwide. We're looking for
passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect
the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive
environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous
learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched
opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of
new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's
first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining
our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As part of our Strategic Technology team--- a small, highly
skilled, energetic, and collaborative group of engineers who assist
in bringing our products from concept to production! We tap into
their expertise to seek development bottlenecks and optimize
production yields while maintaining the highest level of quality
and reliability for our products... this team has a high level of
transparency and influence to get things done. You will focus on
activities related to the production of RF Communications hardware.
You'll support vendor selection, design, test and production
related tasks. Job Responsibilities
- Participate in both Engineering and Operations environments -
this position crosses the boundaries between Engineering and
Operations - expertise in both domains is desired.
- This position carries high transparency within Viasat. You will
be working on programs that directly affect our performance. A
proven track record of achievement is required.
- You will investigate and propose solutions to sophisticated
problems involving the design and production of sophisticated RF
and baseband communications hardware (RF and analog
- Analysis of test data; manipulate and interpret test results.
Identify defects and issues affecting performance.
- Mentor production technical resources. Identify and facilitate
new tools to assist in streamlining test flow.
- Prepare for and present technical findings.
- Work with suppliers to seek sophisticated problems affecting
product yield and performance.
- Travel to suppliers and other company locations as vital. Up to
10% domestic and international travel. Requirements
- An experienced professional with a proven understanding of RF
microwave transmitter and receiver circuit design.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Excellent bench (troubleshooting skills). Must be proficient in
the use of modern RF test equipment. RF circuit design simulation
skills are also desirable.
- Experience in the design, production and test of microwave
communications hardware and assemblies.
- Understanding of RF communications system design including
modulation, demodulation, RF signal chain tradeoffs, spur analysis,
antennas and propagation.
- Must have excellent digital literacy.
- Able to work on projects or a program of sophisticated scope
with minimal direction (emphasis will be on results).
- US Citizenship is required Preferred
- Discrete digital and analog circuit design experience
- Experience with control loops for power leveling, pulse shaping
and/or frequency control.
- Initial assignment will be to the MIDS-J RFA team where we
desire to improve test times and yield.
- Assist troubleshooting and disposition of sophisticated
hardware issues. Also assist in identifying and defining testing
- This position will be in addition to 1 person already assigned
to this role.
- This person will become familiar with production test stations
(STE)... will help identify gaps and improvements to ensure
production personnel are equipped with the vital tools to operate
as efficiently as possible.
- A 'hands-on' engineer is desired--- must be very confident
troubleshooting and debugging sophisticated RF microwave hardware
(transmitters, receivers, modulation). Much of this person's time
will be spent on the production floor and in our labs.
- RF/Microwave design experience is essential. Viasat is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and
diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or
veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or
characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on
the basis of disability for completing this on-line application,
please click here .
Keywords: Viasat, Inc., Tempe , Strategic Technology Engineer - RF/Microwave, IT / Software / Systems , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!