Sr. Software Engineer
Company: SVB Financial
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job Description Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years,
Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their
investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted
financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation
centers around the world. With commercial, international and
private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of
innovators. We are looking for a hands-on Senior Software Engineer
to join with a passion for designing repeatable delivery process
and implementing frameworks that enable projects to flow quickly
and safely to production with user feedback loop capability. The
ideal candidate should have the necessary skills and experience to
provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts, understanding
and deciding upon the optimal technology solution to achieve the
desired business needs, day to day application support, should be
able to navigate differing levels of gray/unknowns, and have
excellent communication skills with other IT management levels,
individual contributors and business stakeholders. They must be
able to move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests and
take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves and
navigate through any resource constraints. They must have both the
short- and long-term strategic view when deciding on the best
technical approach. They must be able to develop code and
effectively oversee distributed development team members. Essential
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs
with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and
- Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design,
Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on
our client facing online and mobile banking systems.
- Drive department best practices, guidelines implementation and
adhering to standards.
- Experience building and maintaining large software
- Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative
developer experience down to the last detail.
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented,
- Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support
the team around you.
- Provide technical and development leadership (Architecture,
Design, oversight) for business solutions. This includes technical
co-ordination and decision making for project work.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval by
Architecture Review Team. Design and develop enterprise solutions
for specific business need that provide frameworks, interfaces and
services that can be extended and reused for future
- Performs impact analysis of proposed changes on existing
architecture, capabilities, system priorities, and technology
solutions; looks for additional solution options or trade-offs.
Identifies cost/benefit implications of proposed solutions (e.g.
people, processes, technology, strategy, finance).
- Creates and maintains application architecture and related
assets. Be the go-to person for development team on architecture
discussions. The above duties and responsibilities are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not
necessarily all-inclusive. Qualifications
- 8 years of progressive development experience as a Software
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have technical lead experience for medium to large sized
- Ability to influence the architecture and design.
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues.
- Experience with TDD and CICD delivery.
- Required to work in overlapping/shift hours as required (on a
- Experience in working with COTS and SaaS solutions.
- Hands-on development experience in Node JS, React, polymer js,
loopback and Java.
- Working knowledge on AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Hands-on Experience with Java/J2EE, Restful Webservices, web
applications, JSM, transactional databases, NoSQL databases.
- Experience with enterprise integration services/solutions.
- Experience and exposure to API gateways.
- Experience working with SOA platforms like MuleSoft, APGIEE,
Oracle ESB etc.
- Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions. Nice
- Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative
- Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
- Experience in utilizing SSDLC
- Experience in development of ETL
- Prior experience with regulated financial organizations
#dicepost - provided by Dice
Keywords: SVB Financial, Tempe , Sr. Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!