Principal Software Engineer (Full Stack) - 4558
Company: Shimento, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Principle Software Engineer (Full-Stack)/ (4558)Arizona (AZ)
Remote6+ Months (Contract) Client Description:
- Client is the most sought-after financial partner in the global
- We bring together entrepreneurs, investors, venture
capitalists, and private equity firms to move their bold ideas
forward, fast. Our clients define what comes next.
- In the past 35 years, we have accumulated more experience with
start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world.
In fact, most of the most compelling Fintech disruptors bank with
- Our clients include: Beyond Meat, Shopify, HelloFresh,
Cloudera, and Andreessen Horowitz, just to name a few.
- We help our clients grow, too. More than half of the innovation
companies that completed an IPO in the last two years were our
clients. About the Role:
- We are looking for a hands-on full-stack engineering leader to
design and build our new customer onboarding platform in AWS.
- The ideal candidate should have the necessary skills and
experience to provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts,
understanding; and decide upon the optimal technology solution to
achieve the desired business needs.
- You should be able to navigate differing levels of
gray/unknowns, have excellent communication skills with other IT
and business management levels, individual contributors, and
business stakeholders, and quickly resolve day to day application
- You will move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests
and take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves
and navigate through any resource constraints.
- You must take both the short-term tactical and long-term
strategic view when deciding on the best technical approach.
- You must be able to develop code and effectively oversee
distributed development team members. Once Here You Will:
- Lead one or more Agile squads of developers and automation
engineers, each supported by a product manager and scrum master,
and collaborate with other Onboarding squads as well as across
- Collaborate with Product and business owners to gain and use an
understanding of the business domain & products, direct or indirect
customer feedback, and knowledge of the existing technology
platform to create designs that improve the flexibility,
functionality, or usability of system components.
- Enhance the reliability of the overall system by working across
components to ensure consistent monitoring and operational
capabilities, facilitating trade-offs between component designs
across teams, and/ or acts as a SME on incident response teams to
accelerate issue resolution activities
- Spend most of your time on the design of systems, while
maintaining a substantial percentage of time dedicated to hands-on
- Gain a working knowledge most or all technology domains in use
at Client, with the ability to decompose complex systems into a
collection of components aligned with those domains.
- Become a subject matter expert in multiple technical
environments and enforce the use of frameworks or standards you
design, to help other engineers follow best practices Lead sprint
planning, scrum, and sprint kick offs for major technology
- Lead more junior team members on implementing a large epic that
you designed and planned, as well as train them to break down
medium features into bite sized chunks.
- Take ownership for all documentation and ensures that all
teammates are contributing improving our documentation and
- Ensures that all pre-existing process are well-documented, and
all new processes are not finalized until they are also
- Create and maintains application architecture and related
assets Internally evangelize for the team to the rest of
- Find ways to reiterate to other teams the importance of desired
technical initiatives, minimize scope, and find scrappy ways of
reducing resource asks.
- Define and lead architecture and design discussions across the
team, considering knowledge of the existing code base, as well as
industry best practices.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval by
Architecture Review Team.
- Design and develop enterprise solutions for specific business
need that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be
extended and reused for future requirements.
- Perform impact analysis of proposed changes on existing
architecture, capabilities, system priorities, and technology
solutions, look for additional solution options or trade-offs, and
identify cost/benefit implications of proposed solutions (e.g.
people, processes, technology, strategy, finance).
- Use your deep love of building elegant, maintainable,
well-documented, secure code to identify opportunities for
refactoring, API changes, and/or other types of tech debt
remediation that may require multiple sprints to execute but
provide substantial improvements in the maintainability of the code
- Guide senior team members in how to coordinate their
large-scale planning efforts with the wider team.
- Observe, evaluate, and improve the mentorship efforts of your
fellow team members.
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of
- Always work to improve yourself and constructively support the
team around you.
- Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the
nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily
all-inclusive. What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of progressive development experience as a Software
- Hands-on development experience in Node, React, and
- Must have technical lead experience for medium to large sized
- Experience building and maintaining large software
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented,
secure code - Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not
- Ability to influence the architecture and design.
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues.
- Experience with TDD and CICD delivery.
- Experience with distributed systems and with Micro-services
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, web
applications, transactional databases, NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud-native design, implementation,
- Experience with enterprise integration services/solutions;
Experience and exposure to API gateways.
- Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative
- Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.
- Bonus points for experience with Appian BPA applications Bonus
points for experience with regulated financial organizations.
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Jenkins.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or
equivalent professional experience - provided by Dice
Keywords: Shimento, Inc., Tempe , Principal Software Engineer (Full Stack) - 4558, IT / Software / Systems , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!