Buyer, Indirect Procurement
Posted on: February 22, 2021
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a
company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana
has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old
fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I
mean, have you seen our vending machine ?! We are looking for
people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful
change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our
passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set
ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and
process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our
stories ! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not
taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out
our background here . About the team and position Creating an
extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our
goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying
experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car
buying process. The Buyer, Indirect Procurement will conduct RFX's,
negotiate pricing and contract terms, as well as create Purchase
Orders and support fulfillment needs of the organization. You will
identify opportunities and develop strategies to reduce cost and
add value across various categories. We are seeking an experienced
Indirect Procurement professional with significant IT experience.
--This position is based out of our Headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ
( remote for the time being) and will require up to 10% travel.
What you'll be doing
- Support business stakeholders through the procurement process.
This Buyer role will provide strategic leadership through the
sourcing, negotiating, and contracting phases of new projects and
existing spend reviews/contract re-negotiations.
- Expert eSourcing using best-in-breed tools such as
- Identify Sourcing opportunities through data analysis and plan
- MS SQL Server, Tableau, Coupa, and Oracle experience
- Successfully manage supplier relationships.
- Present to department and company leadership.
- Tactical responsibilities: Including purchase order issuing,
goods receipting, and catalog maintenance.
- Live the Carvana values and promote a strong sense of Carvana
- Other duties as assigned What you should know/have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in applicable experience
- Minimum five years experience in sourcing, procurement, vendor
management, project management, contract management or related
- Fast learner with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to
learn quickly and transfer knowledge What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
Other requirements To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are
some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Of
course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.--
Legal stuff Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background
check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Carvana is
an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories. Please note this job
description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.-- Are you currently, or
have you ever, been employed by Carvana? --*
Were you referred by a current Carvana employee? --*
How did you hear about this job? If referred by a Carvana employee,
please list employee's full name: --*
Will you now OR in the future require visa sponsorship? --*
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree? --*
What is your desired compensation range for this position?
This position is located in our Tempe, Arizona headquarters. Are
you comfortable working from this office location? --*
Keywords: Carvana, Tempe , Buyer, Indirect Procurement, Hospitality & Tourism , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!