Certified Medical Assistant- Care Coordinator
Company: Panoramic Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPanoramic Health is looking to add a new
Certified Medical Assistant Care Coordinator to their thriving
practice in the following Metro Areas: Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert,
Queen Creek (East Valley). This role is Remote, primarily working
from home with the expectation to come into office as needed. **
This is not a forward facing patient role. All communication will
be done through telecommunication.** Who We are & Why we are
DifferentPanoramic Health partners with nephrology practices to
implement Value-Based Care (VBC). VBC prioritizes high-touch care
coordination for patients with chronic illnesses like chronic
kidney disease (CKD). It is an interdisciplinary model where care
is developed and perfected with the health of the patient as the
primary driver of success. For patients living with CKD, that means
slowing the progression of the disease, reducing hospitalizations,
and focusing on home dialysis treatment therapies and
transplantation if a diagnosis of End Stage Renal Disease occurs.
Role SummaryThe Patient Care Coordinator's primary responsibilities
center around establishing trusting, supportive, collaborative
relationships with patients and their families assisting them with
enrollment and education of the Circle of Care plan in order to
attempt to slow down the progression of chronic kidney disease and
help prevent hospitalizations. CMA Care Coordinators work alongside
physicians, advance practice providers, and other nephrology care
team members in a collaborative, empathetic fashion to build these
patient relationships. Certified Medical Assistant Care
Coordinators drive communication with the entire care team to
facilitate and organize appropriate patient education, nutrition,
vascular access, and transplant referrals. Our Certified Medical
Assistant Care Coordinators are highly valued in our organization,
as they are the heart and glue at the core of our
- Patient enrollment into the Circle of Care Program.
- Patient education the patient regarding the benefits of the
- Develop realistic goals for the patient to succeed in and
- Create, review, and revise the nephrology patient's plan of
- Documentation of the patient's lab values, vitals, blood
results, diet/nutrition, etc.
- Facilitate customized care plans and guidelines for managing
- Oversee patients progress with care plan goals acting as a
patient advocate and information resource.
- Provide patient education on chronic kidney disease (CKD) and
other related illnesses.
- Outline a plan for healthy lifestyle choices and healthy
behaviors important for optimal CKD management including, blood
pressure and blood sugar control, weight management and appropriate
exercise, smoking cessation, medication management, nutrition
modifications, and compliance with medical appointments.
- Apply principles of personalized chronic care management,
shared decision making and patient coaching.
- Daily review of hospital discharges to ensure new and
established patients are scheduled for follow-up appointments.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- At least (2) two years of relevant medical assistant experience
in a physician clinic with broad
- Software- Proficient in Internet Navigation, Microsoft Word,
Outlook, EHR/EMR, (AthenaNet preferred)
- Nephrology clinic or dialysis experience (preferred)
- Comply with all HIPAA, OSHA, Compliance, and IT standards and
policies. Benefits:401K, health + vision + dental, etc. Hybrid work
schedule- FT 40 hours per week (M-F)#LI-MR1
Keywords: Panoramic Health, Tempe , Certified Medical Assistant- Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!