Oral Surgeon Assistant
Company: Western Dental
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Western Dental- Oral Surgeon Assistants perform their
responsibilities as dental auxiliaries in accordance with the state
Dental Practice Act. Experienced Oral Surgeon Assistants are
responsible for maintaining excellent communication with our
doctors and assisting them in all aspects of patient care. Our Oral
Surgeon Assistants are trained to be experts in making our patients
comfortable during treatment and providing our patients with an
unparalleled customer experience. Experienced Oral Surgeon
Assistants will receive additional training to learn new skills. In
addition, Western Dental has programs to provide the training in
order for Oral Surgeon Assistants who are new to the field to
master the necessary dental skills and customer service skills to
grow in our organization. Must have a current radiation safety
certificate for the state in which they practice. Western Oral
Surgeon Assistants take x-rays as directed by the Oral Surgeon.
They are trained in dental x-ray and developing procedures as well
as infection control procedures that pertain to their tasks. You
will also become experts in making our patients comfortable during
the x-ray process and providing an unparalleled patient
- Assist the Oral Surgeon at the chair while they are engaged in
any treatment of patients.
- Must anticipate dentist's needs and be prepared for next
- Ensure all OSHA, Dental Board, and WDS policies and procedures
are properly followed.
- Maintain proper patient treatment records.
- Ability to take Blood Pressure.
- Give pre and post-operative instructions - within the limits
designated by the Oral Surgeon.
- Provide oral hygiene instructions to the patient
- Turn on all units, switches, and water before patient sits
- Stocks supplies in oratories, restrooms, lab, etc. as
- Informs Floor Supervisor when supplies need to be
- Informs Floor Supervisor of broken or malfunctioning
- Performs all duties of a Sterilizer when deemed necessary
- Ability to build good rapport with patients and staff
- A minimum of a High School Diploma
- Certified in the state you are applying as an RDA (CA, AZ,
- Must have a current X-Ray License
- CPR and ACLS certificates required, OMSA or DAANCE
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/ English)
- Travelling required
- Open availability
Keywords: Western Dental, Tempe , Oral Surgeon Assistant, Healthcare , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!