Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Radiology
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic Join the authority in medicine and partner with
the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021),
ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo
Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes
the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who
need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed
to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges - one
patient at a time. Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee
benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic
Benefits. Eligibility may vary.Position descriptionThis position is
supporting the Department of Radiology - US procedures
/Interventional Radiology, primarily inpatient and ED patients on
evenings, OP procedures and clinic visits. The Acute Care Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant has advanced health assessment
and decision-making skills, prepared through a formal educational
program that meets criteria established by the profession.
Physicians Assistants are certified by examination of an approved
certifying body.This individual works in collaboration with
physicians and other health care professionals to provide health
care across the continuum of care for assigned patients. Provides
primary health care to individuals and families. The provision of
care includes, but is not limited to: obtaining patient history,
comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting
diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacological agents and
treatments, and non-pharmacological therapies. Monitors the
effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate
referrals. Performs minor procedures as approved by the AZ
Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants.This individual must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
of the life span. The ability to assess data reflective of the
patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative
to the patient's age-specific needs is required. The Physician
Assistant demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees
and team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to
improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives.
Active in professional organizations and participates in community
activities.Level II Requirements:In addition to the above
requirements, must meet two to four of the following:
- Spends at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds,
service, or shift work).
- Performs specialized procedure(s).
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least
50% of days worked.
- Spends at least 10% of days as First Assist in surgery.
- Takes call assignments (Primary and/or ED).
- Provides Weekend/Holiday Service.Qualifications Acute Care
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State
of Arizona. Must have national certification.Physician Assistant:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the
State of Arizona.Additional qualifications Will consider Acute Care
NP. Previous hospital experience required. Previous procedural
experience preferred. Previous radiology experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
preferred.License or certification
- Must be certified by the National Commission on the
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Physician Assistant under the
supervision of a Mayo Clinic physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon
hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain
certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must
be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic
Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Maintains ACLS and PALS certification as required by specific
department or division.Exemption status ExemptCompensation Detail
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.Benefits eligible
YesSchedule Full TimeHours / Pay period 80Schedule details 1.0 FTE
- M-F 1pm-930pm2.0 FTE - A rotation between day (8:30-5) and
evening (1-9:30) shiftsWeekend schedule Not anticipated at this
timeInternational Assignment NoSite description Over the next four
years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the
physical and technological future of health care, through doubling
the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of
practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's
campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the
beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the
Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25
cities and towns.With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the
nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a
big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest
landscape.Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable
place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a
vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment,
professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources.
The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a
full complement of sports and recreation.Recruiter Latasha
PerkinsEOE As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that
values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate
against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans,
people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable
accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Tempe , Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Radiology, Healthcare , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!