Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The LPN works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral Health
Clinical Model.**This position offers a $1,000 sign on
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from charge nurse, director of nursing,
physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages client--------s medical needs including schedule
appointments, complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical
treatments and tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
or others.This is a full time overnight position that will work
6:00pm - 6:30am at one of our residential/inpatient programs.--
- Completion of a LVN/LPN or equivalent.
- Holds a current LVN/LPN license in good standing or
- One year experience preferred working in mental health or
eating disorders field.
- Blood draw certificate preferred.
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire.
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Driver--------s License in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.--
-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Location: Tempe, AZ -
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Tempe , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!