Molecular Laboratory Assistant
Company: Embry Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Molecular Laboratory Assistant Job DescriptionEmbry Laboratories
is a reference lab performing CLIA high-complexity molecular
testing (RT-PCR testing for COVID-19 diagnosis).
- Assist Molecular Laboratory Technicians in the processing of
COVID-19 patient samples by performing such tasks as: sample
accessioning (using LIS), PCR plate mapping and batch worksheet
preparation (using Microsoft Excel and Word), refilling supplies
and informing lab management of low stock, communicating patient
information discrepancies to Embry Health Patient Communications
teams and following up on discrepant samples, etc.
- Learn, follow and understand laboratory procedures for specimen
handling and processing, CLIA compliance and documentation,
temperature monitoring, and maintaining records of patient
- If qualified as CLIA testing personnel for high-complexity
testing: learn laboratory assays and gain hands-on clinical lab
experience. After fully trained and competent on laboratory assays,
serve as testing personnel as needed.
- Follow laboratory policies, including independently identifying
problems that may adversely affect test performance or test result
reporting, and taking and documenting corrective actions or
notifying the appropriate supervisor.
- Follow work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to
meet production goals, respond to fluctuating workloads, and
improve quality and productivity of laboratory operations.
- Participate in employee training for equipment, software and
other laboratory operations. Read and comply with SOPs,
regulations, best practices, guidelines, and standards.
- Demonstrate personal accountability for attendance,
productivity, training, and laboratory incidents.
- Participate in employee performance and competency
- Ensure that all work is complete, accurate, and meets high
quality standards of a clinical laboratory.
- Perform all other assigned duties as instructed or
Minimum Required QualificationsEducation: High school diploma or
Desired QualificationsEducation: B.S. degree in laboratory sciences
or related scientific field (biology, microbiology, biochemistry,
Desired ExperienceBasic knowledge of CLIA and/or COLA regulations
for high-complexity molecular testing, high degree of computer
literacy, basic knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
and analytical software, some medical terminology
Physical RequirementsMust be willing and able to lift up to 25
Keywords: Embry Health, Tempe , Molecular Laboratory Assistant, Healthcare , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!