Assiatant Director Business Services
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Under the administrative direction of the Executive Director,
this role oversees and manages units within the Academic
Enterprise, in the Office of the University Provost.
-Job FamilyBusiness OperationsDepartment NameProvost Business
OfficeFull-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeVP CodeEXEC VP/PROVOSTScope of
SearchOpenGrant Funded PositionThis is not a grant funded position
and is not contingent on future grant funding.Salary Range$75,000 -
$90,000 per year; DOEClose Date26-September-2023Category03
- Establishes controls for approval and various actions within
functional responsibility, such as personnel actions and
- Develops financial and administrative reports, analyzes data,
and interprets information for decision-making.
- Administers personal services budget, expenditures and
revenues; reviews and authorizes purchase of supplies, services,
- Analyses and makes recommendation for staffing, capital
equipment/improvement, supplies and service requirements.
- Develops recommendations for implementation of procedures for
daily operations of assigned functions according to established
policies; prepares and updates internal manuals.
- Establishes internal accounting controls and compliance with
- Represents work unit at meetings and serves as a liaison for
unit's concerning requests.
- Supervises and evaluates staff, including hiring, discipline,
and performance evaluation.
- Keeps informed of, interprets and applies pertinent rules,
regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university or
other governing agencies; informs affected staff as changed
- Represents the university at various meetings and serves on
- Controls department records and inventory.Minimum
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a related field AND six (6)
years of administrative experience, which includes three (3) years
supervisory experience; OR, Ten (10) years of progressively
responsible administrative experience, which includes four (4)
years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervision practices and
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with PC based software
for spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems (i.e. Workday)
- Demonstrated knowledge of university policies and
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience performing financial University environment.
- Experience in coordinating activities and establishing
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding,
and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying
lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up
to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities
which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential
-Department StatementThe Office of the University Provost provides
leadership to all ASU campuses and academic programs, fostering
global distinction in teaching, research and services to the
community. To learn more about the Office of the University
Provost, go to: http://provost.asu.edu
-ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for American
higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.This
position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a
fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing
of the fingerprint check.Instructions to ApplyApplication deadline
is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: Arizona State University, Tempe , Assiatant Director Business Services, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!