Deco Department Manager
Company: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc.
Posted on: March 13, 2023
PURPOSEResponsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an
exceptional shopping experience to every customer through
established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service,
and staff training and development.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIESCustomer
- Drive, teach and adhere to the P's of retail to include but are
not limited to People, Product, Price, Purchasing, Position,
Presentation, Promotion and Pro Services
- Engage customers and provide a quality shopping experience, and
ensure store associates provide quality customer service
- Strategically merchandize and utilize the company guidelines to
outline merchandising practices.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
maintained. Guarantee safety and security of customers and
employees by following established guidelines and procedures
regarding loss prevention and risk management.
- Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in supporting, modeling,
and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an
environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for
customers and co-workers.
- Work as KCM or Manager on Duty as required
- Conduct weekly competitive shops.
- Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the senior
- Analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the
best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports include
but are not limited to the following:Profit Los statements
(P&L)Category Performance Report (CPR)Business Analysis Tool
Report (BAT)Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)Store Price
Change Report (STPRC)
- Utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate
inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including
shipping and receiving of inventory.
- Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed
expectations to support brand consistency.
- Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage during peak traffic
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely
- Train, develop, supervise and define workload of store
associates as appropriate.
- Monitor associate retention and career development, and
communicate improvement efforts to Chief Executive
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy
violations of associates through administration of disciplinary
action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company
expectations and systems.
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in handling store level
human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an effective
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Three to five years retail management experience and proven
ability direct operations.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in
managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense
- Demonstrated ability to increase the company's overall market
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to
moderate.PHYSICAL/SENSORY REQUIREMENTSPhysical Work - Ability exert
30 - 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force
frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to
handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk,
reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are
considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are
subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position
(those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job
duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific
statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the
work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.This
job description does not constitute an employment agreement between
the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the
employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job
change.Store HoursMonday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PMSaturday 8:00 AM
- 7:00 PMSunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PMBenefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- A personal holiday and Volunteer Time Off program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans
(subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment OpportunityFloor & Decor is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates
and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes,
compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical
disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military
or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic
information or any other status protected by applicable law.This
policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment,
testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading,
transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation,
benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of
employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment
discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of
any legally protected status outlined above.
Keywords: Floor & Decor Holdings Inc., Tempe , Deco Department Manager, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...