EL General Manager Hourly - EPL 3619 Tempe - AZ Mills Circle (Tempe, AZ)
Company: WKS Restaurant Group
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Position Purpose:Manages the business of a restaurant,
responsible for meeting sales and profit goals, ensuring
exceptional guest satisfaction, and following company
policies.Placement in the Organization:Reports to District Manager.
Supervises management team and hourly crew
- Responsible for achieving the restaurant's sales and profit
- Analyzes operating statements to identify problems, and takes
corrective action to improve results.
- Aware of local market trends, competition and opportunities.
With assistance from District Manager, selects and implements
appropriate LSM programs
- Ensures that new products are rolled out according to
- Ensures operations of the restaurant comply with all
requirements of the El Pollo Loco Operations Manual.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
present properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to
all established procedures, performance standards, and
- Keeps informed by reading all memos and checking emails.
- Communicates product deficiencies to District Manager.
- Ensures exceptional guest satisfaction through effective and
efficient service and a clean and pleasant environment as specified
in the Operations Manual.
- Maintains proper inventory levels for both food and non-food
- Ensures the safety of all El Pollo Loco restaurant employees
and guests. Accountable for the timely handling of all accidents to
minimize liability and cost to the company. Represents the company
at Worker's Compensation hearings. Ensures monthly safety committee
meetings are conducted.
- Directly supervises assistant managers and holds them
accountable for meeting expectations. Sets goals for their
development, and gives regular performance feedback.
- Prepares management work schedules according to company
- Ensures the hourly employee schedule meets labor staffing
- Ensures daily, weekly and other administrative records are
completed according to company expectations.
- Organizes and conducts employee and management meetings.
Creates and maintains positive work environment, ensuring open
- Ensures employees and managers receive appropriate training and
- Takes corrective disciplinary action with hourly and management
- Recognizes and rewards employee's good performance.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and selection of
hourly employees. Projects staffing needs and ensures the
restaurant is staffed to company expectations.Participates in
recruitment interviewing and selection of restaurant management.
- Responsible for personnel administration, such as maintaining
records, and employee's documentations, appraising performance,
administering merit increases, and proper timekeeping
- Responsible and accountable for all company funds and
inventory. Ensures that cash handling and security policies are in
effect at all times.
- Complies with human resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures the restaurant is in full compliance with appropriate
local, state and federal regulations governing health, sanitation,
- Effectively implements WKS-El Pollo Loco's commitment to Equal
Opportunity without regard for age, race, sex, religion, national
origin, veteran status or disability and ensures a harassment free
work environment for all employees and customers of the
- Minimum of one year management experience in the hospitality
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to effectively speak, read, and write in English.Core
- Guest Focus
- Responsive to guest needs.
- Effectively uses guest feedback.
- Responds to guest concerns and complaints
- Encourages open sharing of ideas.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, accurately, and timely. (Oral
- Facilitates well-organized meetings and group discussions
- Values diversity, understands customer base and is sensitive to
- Manages disagreements and conflicts in an open, constructive
- Monitors performance and provides useful feedback.
- Ensures crewmembers are trained and developed.
- Supports and delegates effectively.
- Contributes to the development of the Restaurant Managers,
Shift Supervisors and crewmembers.Leadership
- Fosters teamwork, cooperation and involves others.
- Creates a positive work environment.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions.Planning and
- Sets objectives and priorities and develops effective plans to
- Shows good judgment and learns from experience.
- Gathers and considers relevant information before making
- Meets deadlines.Physical Requirements:
- Extensive standing without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and bending to touch
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with customers.
- Using a computer.
- Operating cash register.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.Scope:
- Responsible for one restaurant.
Keywords: WKS Restaurant Group, Tempe , EL General Manager Hourly - EPL 3619 Tempe - AZ Mills Circle (Tempe, AZ), Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...