Director of Philanthropy
Company: Academies of Math and Science
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Location: Tempe Office - Tempe, AZ
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services
Academies of Math and Science
Director of Philanthrophy
Location: 3002 S Priest Drive, Tempe AZ
Director of Development
The Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is seeking a
results-oriented Director of Development to build a philanthropic
program to ensure the organization has the resources needed to
achieve its mission.
Founded in 2002 with just 30 students, the Academies of Math and
Science (AMS) currently serves 9000 K-8 students across 10 charter
schools in underserved communities in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona.
AMS offers a well-rounded program designed to help struggling
students prepare for a successful future in high school, college,
Mission: Through a well-rounded education, we transform today's
scholars into tomorrow's global visionaries.
About the Opportunity
In partnership with the AMS Executive Team, the Director of
Development will be responsible for creating and implementing a
comprehensive fundraising strategy that will grow philanthropic
revenue over the next several years. Serving as the primary
fundraiser for AMS, this role will develop a culture of
philanthropy by advancing partnerships with corporate and
foundation donors, identifying and cultivating prospective
individual donors, exploring government funding opportunities, and
promoting AMS's mission in various philanthropic circles. A key
initiative for this role will be to build, diversify, and sustain
AMS's donor base.
The right candidate for this position is a well-rounded
professional who is committed to the AMS mission and is excited by
the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth
and expansion of the AMS network.
- Partner with executive team members and organizational
leadership to build and improve the network's development
- Lead a development program including planning, analysis, major
donor identification and cultivation, and related activities.
- Work with the AMS Governing Board and all AMS leadership to
identify and access fundraising sources for AMS.
- Partner with members of leadership to best understand AMS's
mission and vision, academic program, and community impact to
effectively communicate our story to donors and the public.
- Design, implement, and oversee a comprehensive development plan
focused on expanding and enhancing institutional and high net worth
relationships and building strategic partnerships.
- Develop highly competitive proposals and budgets for
government, foundation and corporate support that present a
compelling case for support.
- Grow philanthropic relationships with high net worth individual
and institutional prospects.
- Identify emerging trends and opportunities in philanthropy
relevant to the AMS mission and work.
- Develop a strong donor pipeline that focuses on institutional
and high net worth individual donor identification, cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship.
- Engage executive team members in key donor cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Partner with the AMS Marketing Department to create a plan that
includes messaging and communication with fundraising and promotes
the school's impact in the community.
- Review the development program and design strategies to set
progressive revenue goals, establish meaningful metrics, and
evaluate performance. ADM
- Passion for AMS's mission, education, and solving current
challenges in the education industry.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience with institutional donors
and/or individual donors.
- Ability to strategically link organizational and programmatic
initiatives with opportunities for fundraising.
- Ability to create and implement strategies to guide program
growth, expand funding sources, leverage existing prospects, and
build sustainable organizational partnerships.
- A demonstrated track record of success in identifying,
cultivating, soliciting, and securing philanthropic gifts,
particularly from institutional funders.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Experience partnering with a board of directors and senior
leadership to develop and advance a culture of philanthropy.
- Knowledge of and ability to oversee research, tracking, and
reporting systems, including grant stewardship, compliance, and
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to anticipate,
plan for, and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong execution mindset.
- A bachelor's degree or higher Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish,
Experience with ELL students, background in mathematics and/or
teaching in middle school, experience in Saxon, Open Court, NWEA
MAP, Corrective Reading, REWARDS, and also skills in implementing
STEM educational programming in a setting that also values strong
foundational teaching in core subjects.
Keywords: Academies of Math and Science, Tempe , Director of Philanthropy, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!