UNIT CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - TEMPE, AZ
Company: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
SSC Salary:SSC Services for Educationis known for our expertise,
commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people
are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and
experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.SSCServices
for Education isa Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service
Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you
to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct
their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every
step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness
through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do
attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and
throughout the Compass world.Job Summary Job Summary:Working as
Unit Director, you will be responsible for the overall cleanliness,
sanitation, and security of the assigned buildings. You will be
responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of
janitorial personnel. You must also have the ability to supervise,
direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance
with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction
through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment
that is safe and equitable.In the Unit Director role you will be
responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and
investigating complaints regarding janitorial services and take
immediate corrective action. You will secure and assure that all
equipment is maintained and in working order. You will also make
sure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies by taking
periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You will train,
discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Unit Directors
act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and
supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively
communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and
administrators to janitorial staff. Key Responsibilities:
- Communicates between various shifts to ensure applicable
completion of tasks.
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper
operation of equipment.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and
timely delivery of services.
- Performs daily inspections and follows through on all
assignments to ensure task completion.
- Cross trains and develops personnel for multiple
- Holds weekly staff reports and inspections.
- Meets with staff weekly to review task completion and future
- Secures building after completion of work.
- Guides completion on projects to make sure they are completed
timely and within budget.
- Reports budgetary issues.Preferred Qualifications:
- College degree preferred.
- One to two years as supervisor in housekeeping or
service-related field with high customer/client contact
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality
and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit
and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an
ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.Apply to SSC
today!SSC is a member of Compass Group USACompass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by
law.Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Associates at SSC are offered many
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Req ID:1149188SSCJENNIFER
Keywords: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o., Tempe , UNIT CUSTODIAL DIRECTOR - TEMPE, AZ, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!