Major Incident Manager
Company: SVB Financial Group
Posted on: January 23, 2023
BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know
you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel
the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the
next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new
technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty
years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with
diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an
inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage
of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing
ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and
collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients
and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a
diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive
organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with
different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and
especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and
financial services, to apply.
Silicon Valley Bank is the most sought-after financial partner in
the global innovation economy. We bring together entrepreneurs,
investors, ventures capitalists, and private equity firms to move
their bold ideas forward, fast. Our clients define what comes next.
In the past 35+ years, we have accumulated more experience with
start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world.
In fact, majority of the most compelling Fintech disruptors bank
with us. Our clients include: Beyond Meat, Shopify, HelloFresh,
Cloudera, and Andreessen Horowitz, just to name a few. Our
accomplishments serve as motivation to continue pushing ourselves
and we are committed to delivering user-centered, high-impact
solutions to our clients. We are looking for creative thinkers who
want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless
digital banking experience on a global scale.
Incident Manager Responsibilities:
- Ability to oversee the Incident Management process and
functional support members involved in resolving the incident.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation,
multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills. Must be able
to handle stressful situations and think critically when time is of
- Strong understanding of the IT environment, technologies in
relation to business needs.
- Acts as a facilitator for Incident Management processes,
communicate with different SVB team members based on incident
- Ability to respond to a reported service incident, identifying
the cause, and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence
on the business and/or client, utilizing the defined Priority
- Ability to produce documents that outline incident protocols
such as how to handle business disruptions or failures.
- Collaborating with the Incident Management team to ensure that
all incident defined protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are
- Adjusting the Incident Management process as required to ensure
- Ability to communicate with Upper Level SVB Management if major
issues are found within the IT system.
- Act as a Liaison with the Business, SVB Technical Support
Teams, Business Partners and Incident Management to help coordinate
the resolution of incidents.
- Managing the incident response members and business partners by
assigning time dependent workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent
- Assists in auditing of the process for compliance with
- Ability to provide weekend coverage on a rotational basis.
- Ability to have schedule flexibility, providing business
Incident Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, IT System Support,
or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in IT service
management, or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management software including
ITIL, COBIT and JIRA.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize a high volume of technical
data and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical and time management
- Excellent managerial skills and the ability to collaborate with
other team members and functional support teams.
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards, and
- Working knowledge using Microsoft suite of Desktop products
which includes Excel. Word, PowerPoint, or other reporting
- Experience working within support organizations, Incident
Management, Service Management tools (i.e., ServiceNow) and SaaS
- Possess an in-depth knowledge and experience across key
architecture layers, including business functionality,
applications, infrastructure, and environment operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to interact with all levels within the organization.
$88,273.00 - $121,927.00
Actual starting base pay will be determined on skills, experience,
and other non-discriminatory factors permitted by law. Total
compensation may also include variable incentives, bonuses,
benefits, and/or other perks, as outlined in any formal offer
SVB benefit programs are designed to meet our employees where they
are in life. SVBers may enroll in core benefits programs, plus take
advantage of customized perks and offerings, including those
designed to support families, however defined. More information
regarding our benefits offerings can be found here.
- 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL
GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron
device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license.
Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve
System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of
SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is
dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a
more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and
innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and
policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales
at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company
Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by
the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm
Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our
regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available
from us on request.
Keywords: SVB Financial Group, Tempe , Major Incident Manager, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!