Market Product Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionThe Market Product Manager will have direct
responsibility for the development and implementation of key
product strategies within their market. This position will partner
closely with corporate Category Management and market leadership to
fully understand competitive dynamics and ensure those are
considered within the divisional category strategies. They will be
responsible for managing the total profitability for the products
under management within their respective market. This position will
be the market product expert and conduct product training,
competitive differentiation and will drive compliance on key Bunzl
- Ownership of assigned product category performance and
management of the overall strategy within their respective market
- Develop category and market expertise that allows the
organization to effectively compete within the market; this
includes monitoring market needs, trends, and competitive products
to ensure the market remains competitive while maximizing
- Strategic engagement with market leadership to develop and
implement key product strategies in support of company objectives;
this includes driving compliance to preferred product categories
such as Bunzl Own Brand and Import products.
- Participate in customer meetings alongside sales and will serve
as the product expert in key categories of focus.
- Establish product ownership with internal and external
- Leverages market intelligence to validate and benchmark costs
and competitive pricing.
- Manages robust process to establish market and vendor costs to
ensure maximum profitability.
- Manages assigned local vendor relationships and negotiates
commercial agreements in coordination with divisional category
management and market leadership.
- Works with market leadership to rationalize and consolidate
product lines when appropriate.
- Support market with sourcing requests for products within key
product categories under management.
- Proactively share market intelligence, strategy, and tactics
with market product manager counterparts.
- Regularly communicates with region, division, and corporate
Category Management teams to ensure alignment to strategies and
- Intermediate understanding of Product and Category
- The candidate must have strong leadership qualities and a
relentless desire to deliver against company objectives.
- Strong desire to be part of a team culture.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to clearly articulate a
- Strong sense of urgency, with the drive and knowledge to
navigate multi-level relationships.
- High level of emotional intelligence, perceptive, proven
ability to develop relationships that withstand objections and
unexpected changes in strategy.
- Maturity and perseverance to navigate complex scenarios and
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in product management, category
management and/or procurement is preferred.
- Prior experience with Distribution industry is a plus.
- Product knowledge across multiple industries is a plus.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Desire to make profound impact on company's growth
- Ability to travel (15-25%).So, what are you waiting for? A new
career awaits you with endless opportunities.Bunzl is a global
leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health
Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both
organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10
billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis,
Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100
warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts
of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and
400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in
North America.Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a
comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits
including a 401k with a company match.Bunzl Distribution has a
tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the
established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
disability or veteran status as provided by law.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: BUNZL, Tempe , Market Product Manager, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!