Strategic Account Manager - Wesco
Company: nVent Electric Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to
advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that
ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our
customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
* Work remotely from a home office, with approximately 40 - 50%
domestic travel and 10% international travel is required (NA, LAM
for US roles & EMEA, APAC for EU based roles).
* Develop and strengthen relationships at the assigned Strategic
Account Partner to capitalize on sales harmonies, leverage nVent
scale and drive profitable growth. These relationships should
enable you to assess trends/conditions and translate these
opportunities to deliver value to nVent.
* Build and implement growth-orientated business plans with
Strategic Account Partners by gaining agreement, establishing
measures of performance to drive mutual accountability and leverage
action plans and KPI's to drive performance.
* Work collaboratively to ensure quality and responsiveness for all
of the support provided, and continually strive to improve with the
aim of offering a "superior ease of doing business experience".
* Work with cross functional teams (sales, marketing, operations
and finance) required to drive sales activity and achieve annual
* Monitors distributor orders/shipments/POS in relation to AOP and
initiate corrective actions as necessary.
* Collaborate effectively with local sales teams to execute
specific sales strategy and activity.
* Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
* Ideally 10+ years in an industrial sales management or a
distribution management role
* Ideally 5+ years distributor sales experience in an electrical,
electronic or industrial market, maintaining relationships and
handling conflict at senior level with distributors. Experience
handling large electrical distributors is strongly preferred.
* Must have proficient written and verbal English skills for all
roles including the ability to effectively communicate both written
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable nVent products in
relation to associated channel strategy, electrical/industrial
markets, and account management
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thought, problem solving,
and critical thinking
* Ability to form relationships and leverage partnerships to drive
forward the strategic plan. Consistently demonstrates alignment to
organizational strategy to advance opportunities.
* Successfully able to negotiate by collaborating with others to
arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, and influence,
rationale and tact both internally and externally in a selling
* Ability to handle distributor conflict while maintaining
composure and integrity
* Ability to collaborate with the sales team for successful
deployment of business strategy
* Ability to adapt to constantly evolving business circumstances
and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business
* Ability to lead all aspects of an account with a positive, "can
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a strong sense
of urgency and a result driven mentality
* Ability to take initiative and act independently with minimal
* Valid driver's license required.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world
that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career
opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
* We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a
dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY,
ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation,
quality and reliability, our products connect and protect,
consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial,
residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and
* We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our
* Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to
nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees
volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best
for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
* Innovative & adaptable
* Dedicated to absolute integrity
* Focused on the customer first
* Respectful and team oriented
* Optimistic and energizing
* Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
Keywords: nVent Electric Inc., Tempe , Strategic Account Manager - Wesco, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!