Director, Global Stock Administrator (Contractor)
Company: Align Technology
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
AtAlign Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a
person's life, so we create technology that gives people the
confidence to take on whatever's next. We revolutionized the
orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign
system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation.
Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the
boundaries of what's possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Director, Global Stock Administrator (Contractor) is
responsible for all aspects of managing and executing benefits in
connection with the Company's equity compensation plans which
includes equity awards and Employee Stock Purchase Plans. This
position is responsible for maintaining the stock database
including processing new grants, releases, and terminations,
semi-annual ESPP purchases, SEC stock filings include providing
compensation and equity documentation/support in the annual proxy
along with employee and Board of Director support, supporting
stock-based accounting under US GAAP, among others
In this role, you will
* Involved in design of our stock programs, working with HR, Legal
counsel(s), Tax and local teams, including the maintenance of stock
plan documentation and ensuring compliance with federal, state and
foreign regulations along with securities laws.
* Manage all aspects of the administration of our equity programs,
including employee and Board of Director communications, blackout
period communication per the Insider Trading Policy, and
maintenance of stock administration records to ensure the integrity
of data in the stock database.
* Collaborate with legal, finance and HR teams to communicate
materials, compliance, grant process and management reports.
* Timely and accurate response to employee and Board of Director;
provide education as needed
* Manage Section 16 compliance program by working with Board
members, officers and legal counsel to ensure accurate and timely
filing of SEC Forms 3, 4 and 5.
* Coordinate with local payroll, accounting and HR on the reporting
of stock compensation for employee income purposes, both domestic
and international. Provide reports as requested.
* Provide required data to support external reporting requirements
including the 10Q, 10K and Proxy Statement. Responsible for
preparation of the equity portions of the compensation analysis for
NEOs in proxy and other equity compensation documentation.
* Manage 3rd party outside vendor relationships including liaison
with transfer agent to reconcile common stock outstanding and stock
reserves, ensuring timely transfer of shares and resolving share
discrepancies; handle inquiries from stockholders. Interact with
multiple stockbrokers, the Company's captive broker & software
provider and outside legal counsel.
* Act as liaison between officers, employees and brokers in setting
up and maintaining 10b5-1 trading plans and transactions as
* Either prepare or assist in the preparation of basic and dilutive
shares for EPS purpose.
* Either prepare or assist in the accounting of all equity plans
under US GAAP including preparation of assumption estimates and
valuations of equity awards and ESPP, analysis for equity
modifications and calculation of accounting charge and preparation
of account reconciliations for equity related accounts.
* Provide selected data for external and internal audits to ensure
* Maintain SOX documentation to ensure controls are appropriate and
* Support internal business partners including in-house counsel,
payroll, Tax, Accounting and HR.
* Maintain forecasting models for dilutive shares and assist with
* Other projects as needed which may include in stock areas of
acquisitions, stock splits, etc
In this role, you'll need
* Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment
to quality, accuracy and details
* Solid customer service and organizational skills and the ability
* Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with
all levels of the organization including senior management and
Board of Directors
* Strong technical skills
* Strong ethics
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor's degree required
* Certified Equity Professional certification required
* 10+ years experience in Stock Administration, with experience in
a public company
* Strong knowledge of Equity Edge Online or other administration
platform, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
* Experience with International equity considerations - employee
mobility, tax, reporting and compliance
* Knowledge of US GAAP Stock Based Compensation Accounting a
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested.
Not the right fit? Don't worry,Alignis quickly growing so we are
creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please
consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about
future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that
istransforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of
talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and
treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve
the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines
the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the
integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and
visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the
Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the
world; iTero Intraoral Scanners andOrthoCADdigital services. Did
you know? Align is the world's largest manufacturer of custom
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing
company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people,
innovative technologies, and meaningful work - these are just some
of thethingsemployees say make Align Technology a great place to
We respect your privacy. Please reviewour Applicant Privacy
Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that
every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will
continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and
life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and
compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by
promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the
intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of
our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran
status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or
gender identity or expression or any other legally protected
category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally
authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and
verification of employment eligibility will be required as a
condition of hire.
Keywords: Align Technology, Tempe , Director, Global Stock Administrator (Contractor), Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!