Asst Director & Head of Academic Quality for ASU-Cintana Alliance
Company: Arizona State University
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Asst Director & Head of Academic Quality for ASU-Cintana
Alliance83431BRCampus: TempeAsst DirectorJob DescriptionASU and its
international implementation partner, Cintana Education, are
working together to build the ASU-Cintana Alliance. The ASU-Cintana
Alliance is a global network of innovative and forward-looking
universities working together to bring the best of higher education
to every one of their students.
ASU-Cintana Alliance affiliated universities have been carefully
selected and now have the opportunity to be "Powered by ASU,"
gaining access to coordinated degree programs where students can
visit and study with ASU in Tempe, the ability to enroll their
students directly in ASU online courses, international exchange
programs for students and faculty, and research collaboration
The Asst Director & Head of Academic Quality for the ASU-Cintana
Alliance will be responsible for oversight on academic quality in
the ASU-Cintana Alliance. The position will report to the Executive
Director of Learning Technology and will work closely with
colleagues from across ASU to ensure that students at ASU-Cintana
Institutions have access to a high-quality academic experience
"Powered by ASU."
-Job FamilyGenericDepartment NameOffice of Univ Provost
TempeFull-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeVP CodeEXEC VP/PROVOSTScope of
SearchOpenGrant Funded PositionThis is not a grant funded position
and is not contingent on future grant funding.Salary Range$65,000 -
$80,000 per year; DOEClose Date19-September-2022Category03
- In partnership with others, develops, maintains and implements
policies, procedures and reporting requirements relating to use of
ASU coursework or content as a part of Global Link articulated
degree pathway programs.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of reports; collects,
maintains, and analyzes statistics, student and faculty data, and
ASU-Cintana Institutions (ACIs) academic policies for use by
- Develops and manages a process to track faculty and academic
professionals at ACI institutions and their qualifications to teach
- Partners with colleagues to organize programs and resources
relating to academic quality and to build faculty qualifications at
- Evaluates efficacy of partner trainings for ACI faculty and
recommends measures to improve the effectiveness.
- Conducts and assists with the development of long- and
- Serves as a representative of the University at state, regional
and national organizations, boards, councils and committees as
- Represents the college/department and serves on various
department and university committees.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to
establish, cultivate, and maintain ongoing relationships in order
to assist with assessing and developing faculty at ACI
- Assists in the design, development and coordination of academic
- Collaborates with VP's immediate staff on other aspects of
faculty development as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between Provost Office administrators and the
academic units on ACI faculty or student matters.
- May act in place of the Executive Director in that person's
absence.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to higher
education policy and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of higher education
in Latin America, Asia, MENA, Central Asia and Europe.
- Knowledge and experience with methods, practices and techniques
to evaluate academic quality
- Skill in effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Skill in data collection and research methods
- Skill in planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and
- Skill in effective communication across various stakeholder
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Skill in problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to positively advise administrative
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to work effectively with people from various cultural
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment subject
to complex and changing dynamics and priorities Minimum
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area
of assignment AND six (6) years of related administrative
experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory
experience; OR, Ten (10) years of related administrative
experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory
experience; OR, -Any equivalent combination of education and/or
experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities
have been achieved.Desired Qualifications
- Master's degree or higher in a field appropriate to the area of
- International higher education study and/or work
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled
office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding
and manipulating a computer mouse
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and
walk moderate distances to perform work
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities
which may include and/or are subject to resolution of
- Communicate effectively to perform essential functions
- Use calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and
mouse), printer, fax and copier
- This position receives regular review of objectivesDepartment
StatementThe Office of the Executive Vice President and University
Provost provides leadership to all of the university's campuses and
academic programs, fostering excellence in teaching, research and
service to the community. The provost office guides the
university's mission in providing educational quality and access,
and directs the university's efforts in strategic redesign of its
academic mission to achieve the vision of The New American
University. Learn more about the Office of the University Provost
at : http://provost.asu.edu
-ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for American
higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic
excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New
American University is a single, unified institution comprising
four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic,
social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it
serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring
the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions
intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all
fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on
campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at
https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may
request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police
Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing
child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and
taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .ASU conducts
pre-employment screening which may include verification of work
history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.This
position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a
fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing
of the fingerprint check.Instructions to ApplyApplication deadline
is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format
(e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer
for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience
meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews,
unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of "equivalent combination" in
the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education
or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For
example, a four year Bachelor's degree is equal to four years of
Keywords: Arizona State University, Tempe , Asst Director & Head of Academic Quality for ASU-Cintana Alliance, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!