Estimating Manager 2
Company: JE Dunn
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Best People + Right
Culture . These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success. By
hiring inspired people , giving them interesting and challenging
work , enabling them with innovative tools , and letting them share
in the company's rewards , we've found a sustainable way to grow in
our industry for the last 90+ years. Our diverse teams around the
country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places
every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our
pursuit of building perfection. Role SummaryThe Estimating Manager
2 will review and execute bids on multiple and/or more complex
projects. This position will be responsible for all aspects of the
estimating and bid process, from review of plans and
specifications, to soliciting and negotiating prices from
contractors and suppliers. All activities will be performed in
support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined
limits of authority and consults supervisor on other
- Career Path: Senior Precon and Estimating ManagerKey Role
Responsibilities - CoreESTIMATING FAMILY - CORE
- Performs quantity survey of materials shown on project
- Reads and outlines project specifications.
- Maintains an audit trail of the quantity survey from estimate
- Supports vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation and
- Supports the distribution of plans and specifications to
- Works collaboratively and creates relationships with a variety
of stakeholders, such as project team members, subcontractors,
vendors and clients.
- Gains field operational exposure through onsite project
support, as opportunities exist.Key Role Responsibilities -
Additional CoreESTIMATING MANAGER 2In addition, this position will
be responsible for the following:
- Prepares complex cost estimates for competitive bids and
negotiated proposals for multiple projects.
- Prepares material and other costs summary for quotes from
- Tracks value creation items from development through inclusion
and documents in project documentation.
- Develops and manages scopes of work for all trades, including
responsibility matrix, distribution of plans and specifications,
and pricing, bid solicitation and coordination for vendors and
- Utilizes knowledge of the project schedule and logistics in
- Collaborates with operations to provide constructability and
coordination reviews of project documents.
- Provides professional and comprehensive deliverables at the
completion of each major estimate.
- Improves project profitability opportunities by applying
thorough understanding of insurance structures, fees and
- Completes review and execution of bid forms, bid bonds, etc. on
bid projects including general requirements. Participates in and
summarizes bid day activities.
- Applies knowledge of project schedule to preconstruction
- Applies knowledge of subcontractor market and how to prequalify
- Provides system analysis of building components and MEP systems
and assists operations staff on project logistics, staging, phasing
plans and coordination.
- Reviews financial risk to the company and ensures fee
enhancements are within estimates, including contract risk.
Partners with operations to assess and mitigate risk.
- Develops and maintains client and subcontractor
- Presents and sells estimates and proposals and participates in
project procurement presentations.
- Coordinates feasibility studies on life-cycle costs of building
- Leads efforts to assemble, analyze and store project cost
- Provides training and mentorship to others.Knowledge, Skills &
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Proficiency in construction estimating software
- Proficiency in required construction technology.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction management
- Knowledge of field operations through project support.
- Ability to prepare quantity surveys.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity.
- Knowledge of MBE (minority business enterprise), WBE (women's
business enterprise), and SBA (small business administration)
- Ability to develop General Requirement estimates.
- Ability to develop proficiency in Lens, Revit and/or ASE
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.Education
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered.Experience
- 5+ years estimating experience required.
- Preference for total of 8+ years construction experience.
- Valid and unrestricted drivers license required
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- May require periods of overnight travel
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- Normal office environment, but may be exposed to extreme
conditions (hot or cold)
- Frequent activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
- Occasional activity: Standing, Walking, Bending, Climbing,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, PullingJE Dunn Construction is
committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is
our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital
status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn
Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.JE Dunn
provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your
request firstname.lastname@example.org JE Dunn Construction Company
does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies.
Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction
without a prior written search agreement will be considered
unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company.
Please, no phone calls or emails.Why People Work HereAt JE Dunn we
offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their life and the
lives of those around themBuilding on our rich history, our
employee owners are shaping the future of JE Dunn. In our
team-focused environment we do life together and are generously
rewarded for our effortsAbout JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 95+ Years of Construction Experience
- 25 Office Locations
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE DunnJE Dunn participates in
the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. If
playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. You're
signed out Videos you watch may be added to the TV's watch history
and influence TV recommendations. To avoid this, cancel and sign in
to YouTube on your computer. More videos Switch camera Share
Include playlist An error occurred while retrieving sharing
information. Please try again later.
Keywords: JE Dunn, Tempe , Estimating Manager 2, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!