Regional Director, Northeast
Company: Cognia, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionEducation is ever-evolving. And so are we.We seek
passionate people from diverse backgrounds who are committed to
helping improve the work of schools as a trusted partner in
advancing learning. By joining the Cognia team, you will be
immersed in a community of energetic and resourceful people
dedicated to a common vision to impact and inspire education
providers to advance and enable pathways of success for all
learners. At Cognia we have developed a holistic approach to
education that empowers schools to create real outcomes and
optimize learning for students of all backgrounds, servicing more
than 36,000 institutions, 5 million teachers, and 25 million
students in 85 countries. When you join Cognia, you join a team of
experts passionate about our mission and embracing our core values
in everything we do.NATURE AND SCOPE:The Director is a leadership
position as a member of the regional team with a primary
responsibility of building strong relationships with education
agencies, schools, districts, and the education community. The
Director utilizes knowledge and expertise in education to manage
and facilitate continuous improvement efforts for the organization.
The Director has a deep understanding of Cognia's products and
services, inclusive of accreditation, improvement, assessment
tools, services, and solutions to support high quality delivery to
schools and districts. The Director works in collaboration with
Cognia colleagues to ensure quality and relevant solutions are
delivered to institutions and key stakeholders. The Director
cultivates relationships with partner organizations to expand
capabilities across institutions of all types.PRINCIPAL
- Develop and maintain meaningful local working relationships
with education agency representatives, partner organizations,
schools, and districts to strengthen efficient and effective
collaborative culture in support of Cognia's mission.
- Serve as the key contact for all Cognia services for education
agencies, partner organizations, schools, and districts.
- Retain, engage, and grow membership including leadership for
proposal processes, as appropriate.
- Manage current and future Cognia activities with all
- Provide quality assurance supervision and oversight of
contracts with school districts, schools, education agencies, and
- Utilize educational knowledge combined with expertise for
strategic, customized, and technical understanding of Cognia's
Continuous Improvement System to successfully provide guidance, and
- Craft and drive an implementation plan aligned to
organizational strategic priorities to meet quarterly and annual
- Maintain and grow knowledge to serve in thought leadership on
state and federal program regulations, requirements, funding, best
practices, future trends, and current issues aligning to continuous
school improvement, accreditation, assessment, STEM, and early
- Provide advocacy for continuous improvement in education with
- Contribute to meaningful collaboration with Cognia colleagues
to ensure quality service.
- Market Cognia brand with educational entities to promote
advocacy for education.
- Collaborate with internal departments to create and implement
solutions for clients.
- Plan/Lead/Manage and evaluate Cognia events, professional
development, workshops, and conferences.
- Oversee and support the work of the accreditation process and
protocols inclusive of approving Accreditation Engagement Review
- Cultivate relationships with Advisory Committee Members.
- Recruit influential Advisory Committee Members.
- Lead, manage and facilitate the Advisory Committee meetings and
cultivate thought leadership and advocacy.
- Provide progress reports as requested by the Regional Vice
President or other Cognia leadership.
- Successfully meets established goals and priorities.
- Participate in continued personal and professional growth,
including updating of job and industry knowledge, through
participation in educational opportunities, professional
associations, and networking to best lead Cognia Continuous
- Provide other services as assigned by the Regional Vice
- Perform duties and fulfill responsibilities that may, from time
to time, include related or unrelated tasks.JOB
REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Education Policy or related
field required; Master's Degree preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of related experience preferred
with a proven track record of success as a leader and/or partner
providing continuous improvement facilitation and support in an
education-related organization required
- A proven track record of successfully assessing institutions'
needs to improve learning and organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships and/or
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of education, quality
learning environments, curriculum and effective instruction,
program development and evaluation, learning assessment and
diagnosis, and /or research related to teaching and learning
- Extensive knowledge base of current issues in education,
especially continuous improvementCompetencies:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and make things
happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to attain an extensive knowledge of all products,
services and solutions offered by Cognia
- Ability to deliver high quality oral and written
- Ability to build and maintain connections and relationships
with leaders of educational organizations and agencies within the
territory as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and assume personal
initiative to promote Cognia
- Ability to work and communicate effectively using Microsoft
Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and other software and
web-based applicationsAnticipated Travel (may include local,
national, and/or international travel):
- Significant travel (20-40%)
- Travel to Annual All Staff Company Meeting required At Cognia,
we recognize the critical role played by our teams in carrying out
the organization's important educational mission. As a reflection
of that recognition our exceptional benefits offerings include
generous paid time off and holiday breaks, comprehensive insurance
plans, and a 12.5% retirement savings contribution which is
immediately vested, all effective on your date of hire. This
represents an affirmative commitment by the organization to attract
and retain the highest quality workforce – to ensure our continued
ability to effectively serve our mission for years to come. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, citizenship, protected veteran status, genetic
information or any other characteristics protected by local, state,
or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Cognia is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and is committed to Diversity, Equity, and
Keywords: Cognia, Inc., Tempe , Regional Director, Northeast, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!