Posted on: June 19, 2022
About CarvanaIf you like disrupting the norm and are looking to
join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what
Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the
old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT
suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!We are looking for
people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful
change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our
passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set
ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and
process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our
stories! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not
taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out
our background here.About The Team And PositionWe are looking for a
motivated and high-energy Accounting Manager to join a rapidly
growing organization. The Accounting Manager is responsible for
understanding highly specialized accounting concepts, ensuring
compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
and leading senior and staff accountants in a team-based
environment. This position will support the general ledger
function, ensuring it is accurate on all dimensions including the
account, department, and location dimensions. This position will
work across business units and provide insights which will have
immediate, tangible benefits in a rapidly changing environment.What
You'll Be Doing
- Managing the month-end accounting process, reviewing journal
entries and reconciliations, and coordinating team tasks and
- Reviewing monthly financial statements based on operational
information derived from multiple data sources and ensuring
compliance with GAAP.
- Play a lead role in developing and supporting senior and staff
- Designing and presenting monthly financial results to Executive
officers and other internal stakeholders.
- Researching complex accounting issues and using judgment and
creativity to draw and communicate conclusions.
- Continually identifying opportunities to improve processes and
- Working directly and indirectly with external and internal
auditors to ensure a smooth and timely audit process.
- Implementing process improvements with counterparts in other
- Other duties as assigned.What You Should Know/have
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in
Accounting or similar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (e.g., Excel)
- 6+ years of Accounting experience.
- Experience leading a team and developing direct reports.
- Ability to develop trusting, collaborative cross-functional
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting
- Strong business acumen and a thorough understanding of Finance
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly
growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the
company evolves.We'd love it if you also have
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Oracle Fusion experience.
- SQL experience.
- Alteryx or similar experience.
- Previous experience in a publicly traded, multi-location,
rapidly changing and expanding company.What We'll Offer In Return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the
country.Other RequirementsTo be able to do your job at Carvana,
there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.Of
course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Legal stuffHiring is contingent on passing a complete background
check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.Carvana is an
equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.Please note this job
description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Carvana, Tempe , Accounting Manager, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!