Director, Employee Benefits
Company: Freedom Financial Network
Posted on: June 19, 2022
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and highly collaborative
Director, Employee Benefits to join our rapidly scaling company as
we continue our journey through a large-scale digital
transformation and growth strategy. In this position, you will
provide leadership and direction as it relates to employee health
and welfare benefit programs that help position Freedom Financial
Network as a competitive player in today's complex talent market.
This includes the design, funding, administration and communication
that puts "people first", drives business results, and is
understood and valued by our teammates. This is a very hands-on
leadership role with high visibility at every level of the
Leveraging your experience in high growth organizations that
include a presence in the Bay Area and other competitive talent
markets, you'll build a team that will support across the
enterprise working alongside leaders at every level. The Director,
Employee Benefits reports to the VP, Total Rewards and will have
strong alignment with Talent Acquisition, HR and the broader Total
The perfect candidate will bring a "Business Partner" mindset and
thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you
are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded
people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How you'll contribute and make a meaningful impact:
- Play a key role in executing a company-wide benefits strategy
that aligns with and supports Freedom Financial Networks great
culture and ambitious business objectives.
- Evolve and scale the practices related to leave of absence
(LOA), reasonable accommodation and ergonomic support programs to
support company growth while ensuring our actions embody how we
care for our employees. Key deliverables include developing
easy-to-understand education and processes, designing guidelines
that help align the parties involved and provide balanced guidance
to key stakeholders.
- Partner with our broader Total Rewards team and brokers to
propose, review and implement benefits program plans that are
innovative, cost-responsible and truly meaningful to Freedom
Financial Network employees.
- Support our HR Shared Services team by helping develop scalable
processes, creating effective communication materials to enable
employee self-service, and educate entry-level HR employees so they
can resolve a large percentage of general benefits inquiries.
- Serve as a trusted resource for complex benefits problems.
- Keep the "pulse" of employee feedback and external factors that
impact our program offerings and recommend changes.
- Remain current on benefit plans including compliance, trends
and technical knowledge, including self-funded plans.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs
including health & welfare, 401(k), wellness initiatives with
measurable ROI, pay for time off and more. Partner with a Benefits
Analyst to manage compliance requirements such as Form 5500 and
- Identify and reduce day-to-day obstacles that erode a positive
employee experience and\or decrease the quality or efficiency of
our administrative processes.
- Drive the annual open enrollment process, involved in all
phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan,
conducting employee meetings, etc.This role is right for you if you
- Comfortable taking a hands-on approach to managing the benefits
team and being skillful in mentoring and growing talent.
- Effective at project management, organization, and
prioritization when executing on impactful initiatives.
- Successful at developing communication plans that are
informative, professional and engaging.
- Confident and compassionate when engaging the workforce from
top to bottom.
- Able to influence others and cultivate productive vendor
- Known as a leader in employee engagement who demonstrates at a
high level of integrity.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you embrace
ambiguity and get the right things done.
- Thrilled to be and confident to thrive in a fast-paced growing
- Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as
- Excited to bring a 'whatever it takes" mindset to take on
projects - no matter how big or how small.You'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree with 8- 10+ years of experience in benefits
design and plan administration to include multi-state
- Direct benefits oversight required.
- Intermediate level Excel and Google Workspace.
- Familiarity with HRIS system configuration.
- Track record of overseeing effective leave of absence (LOA),
ergonomic and reasonable accommodation programs which included a
high percentage of non-exempt employees.
- Effective cross-functional communication in solving problems
and addressing roadblocks.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational,
analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong attention
- Ability to multitask while managing deadlines, perform well
under pressure, work independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to on-time completion
with confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup-paced
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance
company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don't:
Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not
account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the
path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and
personalized support at every step. We help people control
expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better
financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and
analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored
for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal
loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have
served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15
billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over
the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we're passionate about supporting our
communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed
by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021.
We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion,
and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work
every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally
of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity
Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we
topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business
Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San
Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech
Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021
Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to
Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited
candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone
within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or
candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition
only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited
and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN's Talent
Keywords: Freedom Financial Network, Tempe , Director, Employee Benefits, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!