Associate Director of Engineering - Trim
Company: OneMain Financial
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Associate Director of Engineering (Trim)Trim's mission is to
improve the financial well-being of hardworking Americans and over
the past five years, we've saved our users more than $70 million.
Trim was recently acquired by OneMain Financial which will enable
us to massively scale our impact. Your work will directly improve
the financial health of our 600,000 active users and many more to
come!We are a highly collaborative team and bring our best selves
to work every day because we enjoy working with each other. We
prioritize team culture as much as we do our customers. We are
looking for people who embody our company's core values: Customer
Obsessed, Unstoppable Owners, Truth-Seeking, Constantly Evolving,
and Compassionate Colleagues.We are a remote-first company. Our
team is distributed across the U.S. and has access to a network of
OneMain offices in New York City, Baltimore, Wilmington, Austin,
and Chicago.We are looking for an experienced Engineering leader to
manage and grow a team of software engineers, manage and scale our
portfolio of financial wellness products, and provide technical
partnership to our business and product teams. This role serves on
OneMain's Digital Engineering leadership team, Trim's leadership
team, and has direct ownership of core Trim
- Lead and grow the engineering team, with an active focus on
hiring and onboarding new team members to be successful in their
- Enable your team to do their best work by supporting a healthy
and collaborative engineering culture that embodies Trim's
- Develop engineers to advance in their careers.
- Ensure a reliable experience for Trim customers across all
properties, while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of
development and agile iteration.
- Make impact-driven investment decisions, shepherding Trim's
engineering org through its next stage of growth toward serving
millions of customers.
- Set the tone and direction for the engineering team, supporting
a culture of code quality, documentation, and thoughtful design
tradeoffs. Anticipate strategic and scaling challenges via
intentional long-term planning.
- Establish relationships and work across departments within
OneMain's Digital organization.
- Participate in OneMain Digital Engineering leadership
discussions and represent Trim's engineering org to OneMain
- Collaborate closely with the product, design, growth, and
marketing teams to solve complex business problems, set the product
roadmap, and be a strong advocate for product and engineering
- Maintain a hands-on working knowledge of the codebase enabling
you to have impact at all levels: providing technical counsel in
strategic discussions and providing technical guidance to
engineering projects as needed.
- Partner with Trim's management team on strategic priorities,
providing technical counsel and strategic input.Technologies we
Rails and NodeInfrastructure: PostgreSQL, AWS, Convox, and
DockerDevTools: DataDog, Sentry, Heap, LaunchDarkly, GitHub, and
- 7+ years of experience managing both individual contributors
and managers on product-focused teams
- 5+ years of full time, full-stack web application development
experience across frontend, backend, and infrastructure and have a
solid understanding of technical fundamentals.
- 5+ years of experience working with Rails
- 2+ years of experience working with Single Page
- Strong track record of recruiting and retaining high performing
- A history of hands-on technical ownership on high-impact
- A strong desire to go into the details with an entrepreneurial
and persistent attitude.
- Experience working in a high-growth, early-stage startup with
the ability to earn trust across the team.
- Strong command of verbal and written communication to drive
alignment and collaborate across functional teams.Why work at Trim
@ OneMain Financial?
- Opportunity to work at a start-up inside of a 100-year-old
public company: all the dynamism of a start-up culture with the
stability and financial resources of a highly profitable
- We are a mission-driven, highly collaborative team who keeps
our customer at the forefront of our strategy and decisions.
- We are growing rapidly with many new and exciting challenges on
both technical and operational fronts.
- We have a remote-first distributed team enabling both high
performance and work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and total compensation; full benefits,
including top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance, along
with a 4% 401k match
- Team fun: Bi-Weekly Happy Hours, Random Monthly Events, Games
Lunches, Team Offsites, and Trim TreatsWe are committed to a
workplace that reflects the users we serve. We especially encourage
women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the
tech and financial services industry to apply.Trim @ OneMain
Financial is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status,
genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.#LI-EK
Keywords: OneMain Financial, Tempe , Associate Director of Engineering - Trim, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!