Manager Security Operations - Tempe,AZ / St Paul,MN / Broomfield,CO
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThis Technical Manager level position in
the Global Security organization will work within the Federal SOC
- This position will be in a leadership role over Tier III SOC
24x7x365 Operations Engineering environment. At a high level, the
Fed SOC will be responsible for operation, maintenance, and
monitoring of the Lumen Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Service
(MTIPS), Managed Security Service (MSS), Vulnerability Scanning
Service (VSS) and Incident Response Service (INRS) portfolio for
Federal customers. This role performs Firewall Management,
Vulnerability Scanning Services, Security Event Management, and
Incident Response functions - change requests, monitoring,
detection, triage of security events and alerts in Splunk Security
Information and Event Management (SIEM) and associated SolarWinds
monitoring systems. The role also facilitates the ingress,
implementation, and egress of advanced client trouble / change
requests for next generation managed firewall, and other security
control frameworks including Incident Response.
- The position will also be responsible for establishing and
maturing SOC technical knowledge and processes across all Fed SOC
disciplines to meet critical SLAs for Enterprise Infrastructure
Service Contract (EIS) and Networx Contracts. This includes but is
not limited to coaching/mentoring staff, creating/running metrics
reporting and other SOC related tasks.
- This position will be a leadership decision making role
interfacing with Change Management, Architecture and Engineering,
Federal account Teams, Compliance and audit teams, product and
other technical teams supporting MTIPS, MSS and VSS
- This position carries the overall responsibility over all
MTIPS, MSS and VSS related technical matters in collaboration with
Director of Security Federal SOC to act as the Single Point of
Contact on MTIPS, MSS and VSS issues.The Main Responsibilities
- Hiring, training, performance management and career development
of SOC members.
- Lead a Team of highly skilled Firewall Engineers working on
MTIPS, MSS and VSS.
- Onboard new customers in collaboration with Data Implementation
- Interface with DHS on Einstein Operations and assume all Lumen
- Authoritative voice in customer interface for all design MTIPS
- Sizing of human resource and Systems needs on all new RFP.
- Identify, develop, implement and delegate assigned projects per
specified scope of work.
- Provide Leadership to Federal SOC personnel.
- Track customer tickets and escalations.
- Manager On Call rotation.
- Identification and resolution of complex and chronic issues in
- Manage systems and network recovery processes and
- Make presentations to customers on Portal services and
- Continually realign and evaluate services with changing
business and product needs.
- Actively contribute to the successful advancement of the larger
Global Security Operations Center organization (GSOC)
- Identify, build, and maintain solid working relationships
including collaborative activities with colleagues, peers, clients,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Write Reason for outage (RFO) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
reports deliverable to customers.
- Excellent reporting and data presentation capabilities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Participation and development of Incident Response Plans and
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3-7 years managing Fortinet based environment.
- 3-7 years operating in Splunk based centralized logging.
- 3-7 years in a security or operations environment.
- BS Computer Science, MIS, MBA, or equivalent experience.
- Certifications in specific security/vendor technologies
- Ability to obtain GSA Suitability required and Additional
Security clearances as needed.
- Security industry certifications (examples):
- CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCNA Cyber Ops
- PMP, ITILWhat to Expect NextBased on your job application
information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video
interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of
questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game
Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in
order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time?
No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete
the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this
within 5 days of your application date.Requisition #: 261005EEO
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :85230Salary Max :189360This information
reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based
on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other
relevant factors.This position is eligible for either short-term
incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also
are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus
structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to
answer any additional questions you may have as you move through
the selection process.As part of our comprehensive benefits
package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary
Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical,
mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by
clicking here.Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and
ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
provisions.Salary RangeSalary Min :85230Salary Max :189360This
information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based
on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's
location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual
experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage
you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which
you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to
discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Keywords: Lumen, Tempe , Manager Security Operations - Tempe,AZ / St Paul,MN / Broomfield,CO, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!