Company: First Transit
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We're Hiring For a Training Manager!
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering.
That's why we need amazing people like YOU!
First Transit is looking for a Training Manager in Tempe, AZ at
RPTA to support their Safety and Training Department. The Training
Manager is primarily responsible for helping hire, train, and
onboard Drivers. The Training Manager also ensures compliance with
FTA Drug/Alcohol Program, DMV requirements for CDL, Medical Cards,
and all other First Transit (and State) compliance and regulatory
If you are a confident and immensely organized professional with an
extraordinary eye for detail and strong respect for rules and
regulations, then this is the opportunity for you. If you have the
drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is
looking for you!
Our employees enjoy competitive wages, tremendous career
opportunities for advancement, a team-oriented work environment,
and a great comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays &
vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings
Major Responsibilities of The Training Manager :
* Conduct regular internal reviews and monitoring to ensure
procedures are being followed and controls are functioning
* Interviews driver candidates and selects drivers, based on
Contract Manager approval and/or supervises employees performing
* Designs and/or delivers training to drivers. Training may include
classroom, or behind-the-wheel formats and/or supervising employees
engaged in this function.
* While the focus of the position is on driver hiring and training,
employees may also have other safety program responsibilities
(e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings,
passenger management, analysis, and reporting).
Responsible for the implementation and execution of the
Professional Operator Development Program.
* Also responsible for the implementation and execution of the
Driver Cadetting program.
To qualify, you'll need:
* 2 to 3 years transportation, safety, or related experience
* 5-8 years training experience
* Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
* Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
* Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with
the ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and the general public
* Fluent in English
* Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
* Possess working vehicle to travel within the service area as
* Ability to develop and write training materials
* Holds a CDL or has the ability to get a CDL
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Tempe , Training Manager, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!