Quality Assurance Manager / Supervisor
Company: Gummi World
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager / Supervisor is responsible for
overseeing quality activities regarding the safety, consistency,
and quality of our products, This includes developing, implementing
and maintaining quality programs, policies and procedures to
improve product quality and ensure products are produced in
compliance with product standards, good manufacturing practices and
in accordance with government regulations. In addition, this role
will be required to interact with both internal and external
customers, as well as quality and regulatory agencies and manage a
staff of both quality assurance and quality control technicians.
The individual in this position must establish and maintain
relationships with direct reports in addition to other departments
in the organization to effectively cultivate a culture of
continuous improvement in which quality, safety, and productivity
goals are measured and met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:.
- Responsible for all aspects of company Quality Assurance and
Regulatory affairs in compliance with local, state, and federal
food safety standards at our dietary supplement manufacturing
- Develops, implements, monitors, and continuously improves
programs to ensure compliance with industry standards for food and
dietary supplements (cGMP, GLP, CFR 100, CFR 111, HACCP, FSMA, SQF,
- Leads internal, external customer & other regulatory agency
audits & escalates any quality control and food safety issues and
presents plausible solutions
- Works with R&D and Manufacturing departments in the
development, scale-up, and testing of new products, processes, and
- Produce release documentation for each lot of finished
- Perform and monitor shelf-life studies.
- Develop statistically significant sampling plans for incoming
raw ingredients and in-process quality checks to insure food safety
- Oversee and develop the corporate Facility Audit Program to
help assure compliance to internal/external requirements, including
customer requirements and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct training and re-certification as appropriate for
quality and other manufacturing personnel
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead staff to accomplish personal
and organizational goals, adhere to policies/procedures and
establish/maintain a 'culture of quality'.
- Ensures timely resolution to customer inquiries (audit findings
- Generate, review or approve Quality Assurance related
documentation required for customer relationship/product
development (such as: development, supply and quality agreement),
verification of compliance, or for filings with regulatory
- Reviews data, analyzes results and recommends changes based
upon findings and performs follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Oversee Document Control and lead Change Control (formulas, raw
materials, and packaging materials) systems.
- Responsible for Raw Materials Supplier Qualification activities
including the supplier audit program.
- Organize and ensure the completion of all product
investigations, Non-Conformances, OOS's, and CAPAs, including
documenting and reporting adverse and serious adverse events.
- Prepare periodic reports, quality scorecards and analyses to
- Direct and oversee the work of quality assurance and quality
control technicians, including training, mentoring, and ensuring
- Experience with quality assurance software that allows
integration of product development, quality control (testing
specs), quality assurance, project management, purchasing, as
- Develop and maintain a product testing lab for all composition
and microbial testing of all raw ingredients and finished
- Responsible for regulatory compliance of NFP's, SFP's and other
product label claims
- Perform other duties as assigned depending upon business
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes, unexpected events and
still yield an effective outcome.
- Manages competing demands, makes timely and sound decisions,
even under conditions of risk.
- Accepts feedback from others, ability to engender enthusiasm,
motivate peers and subordinates and teambuilding.
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment, as well as
independently, with minimal supervision.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the
department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, process
development, and troubleshooting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to
coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a non-tobacco user and will not use tobacco products on
or off the job during the tenure of employment in Quality
Assurance, as it may affect taste accuracy testing.
- No dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- BS degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Engineering
or related field of study
- Minimum of five years' experience working in a Quality function
at a food or dietary supplement manufacturing facility
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- 10+ year experience working in a similar role at a dietary
supplement manufacturing facility
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent.
- Statistical design and process control measurement and
- ASQ Certifications (CQE, CQA etc.), knowledge of FSMA, SQF
- PCQI, HACCP Trained, and SQF Practitioner
- Required; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP, quality management
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Moderate physical demands, including lifting (25lbs), walking
(1 mile daily).
- Work in a manufacturing environment, subject to heat and cold
as well as loud noise.
- Work in an office environment. At times must sit for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate and comprehend complex ideas
- Use written and oral communication skills.
- Read and interpret data, information and documents.
- Ability to make independent and sound judgments.
- Observe and interpret situations, analyze and solve
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gummi World, Tempe , Quality Assurance Manager / Supervisor, Executive , Tempe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!